CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

Why do many people think Vuc will be traded? He signed for basically nothing compared to his worth because he wants to be here.

I think the idea of bringing in Hibbert at a lower rate as a backup versus Vucevic is the rationale. Taking advantage of his inflated stats and trading him for more of a position need makes sense at this time.

Why do many people think Vuc will be traded? He signed for basically nothing compared to his worth because he wants to be here.

we now have a better starting center and vucevic's weaknesses are significant and will only get worse as teams start to emulate the warriors more.

I love how ppl are freaking out because they think the front court will be AG, Ibaka, and Vuc. Vuc will be gone lol. Ibaka is the starting center. AG is the starting PF. Trust the process.

I want this to be true, but I'm not entirely sure it will happen.

"Lord, give me strength"

Demarcus Cousins tweet last night after Sactown drafts two centers last night.

Lol

He has every right to be angry.

Let me start by saying that I was shocked that Dipo was traded but I get it, Ibaka will be a great addition to our team. Now I'm all in on the trading VUC train and letting Ibaka be the 5 and AG stay at the 4 where he was really starting to develop as a player. But if management truly sees Ibaka as a 4 and AG as a 3 then I hope/pray that we trade Vuc or keep him as a back up and sign Dwight. Could you imagine a front court of AG, Ibaka, and Howard, that would probably be the best defensive front court in all of basketball.

Can people please stop over-reacting to Ibaka's 'decline'

Some of his defensive decline, rebounding, scoring has links to other causes.

Standing out at the 3pt line defending PF's who shoot threes puts him away from the basket, reducing his FREQUENCY of shot blocking. This is today's game, bringing bigs away from the rim.

Rebounding he has had the load taken off his shoulders from when he was playing with Perkins, to playing with Adams/Kanter who excell at rebounding so Ibaka was able to step out to the 3pt line and shoot, and so that he could box out and allow Adams and Kanter go to the boards effectively. Sometimes people forget it's a team game and someone else needs to contribute even though it reduces a players statistical significance.

His scoring like someone mentioned above, that is something that he can focus on being more balanced. Perhaps though, in our team we only will need him as a stretch 4 playing possibly next to Vuc depending on what happens, but I do agree he can go inside a little more in order to get him going in all facets of his offense.

He is 26, he is coming to play for Vogel. Who lets not forget makes defensive bigs MONSTERS.

Let's see how it plays out.

Roy Hibbert is a dumpster fire

He'd be a fine backup.

The problem of ibaka at center is the occasional Dwight Howard, cousins, etc in the league that can out muscle him. A giant 7'2 guy is a good alternative.

I don't have a strong opinion about this deal either way. But unless more moves are made, I see some problems with the current roster:

1. Ibaka has apparently said he doesn't want to play as a 4. While it seems that he and Vuch might actually fit together fairly well, Vuch certainly can't play the 4. Therefore many people are assuming that Vuch is gone, which may be the case.

2. A roster of Ibaka - Gordon - Payton - X - X has 3 guys who don't shoot very well on the floor at the same time. I know Ibaka is not a terrible shooter but having him pounding away from the outside doesn't seem like anyone's vision of success. How do you win in today's NBA with 3 mediocre shooters on the floor at the same time?

3. I've agreed with a lot of HeHateMe's analyses in the past, but I think in this case, he's been completely forgetting about Oadipo's defense. Skiles, who didn't complement players all that much, was clear that he thought Oladipo was our best and most consistent defender. On the other hand, Mario often got torched on defense, and while Fournier gave it his best, he doesn't have the same physical attributes that Dipo had to keep up with faster/stronger players.

4. A lot seems to be hanging on a very raw and unproven second year player, Hezonja. Is that really what anyone wants the upcoming season to depend upon?

we now have a better starting center and vucevic's weaknesses are significant and will only get worse as teams start to emulate the warriors more.

Warriors lost to switching and size