CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

He's not our best offensive player

Agreed. Only thought he was our best offensive player. Fournier was a MUCH better offensively player, and Payton was better at driving than Oladipo. Oladipo kind of had a shot and played great defense.

Let's be honest: Aaron Gordon is the future of this franchise.

My main concern is if Serge walks after the season..what a waste that'd be

Better then overpaying average Dipo. Next year's free agent class much better anyways. Henny killed it

So ok this is the logic

Payton and Dipo couldn't co-exist. We all knew we had to separate them. Rob chose Payton; we all chose oladipo. He made that choice and has to live with it.

He is betting his money on Hezonja taking his place, who can shoot. And Fournier. And upgraded our PF/C rotation.

That's the logic. Will it work?

Precisely.

Better then overpaying average Dipo. Next year's free agent class much better anyways. Henny killed it

Who is in next year's FA class?

And can we give Ibaka an extension this season?

Sam Presti: Kevin, thank you for meeting with me. Look, I know you're going to be a free agent, and I just wanted to take a minute and see what it would take to keep you here in OKC.

KD: To be honest, I don't really think I'm going to stay. I mean, I really wanna ball with that cat Oladipo down in Orlando, I think he's a rising star in this league and I think Orlando could be making some moves to get to the top.

SP: Well I'm sorry to hear that. Let me know if you change your mind...

*KD leaves, and SP reaches for his phone...*

SP: Henny, my man, how's it going?? How's that kid Oladipo doing? He seems like he's going to be great in this league!

Henny: Darn right, and we've got a coach we feel can really unlock his potential and make him into a star.

SP: Okay, here's the thing. I still have those pictures from the donkey show in Tijuana, and unless you want them to get out, you'll send him, an expiring contract, and a lotto pick to us. We'll give you...oh...Serge Ibaka.

Henny: Ummm...I guess I can't say no to this, huh? Is Ibaka even any good still?

SP:Oh yeah, yeah, he's still REAL good. Pleasure doing business with you!

*Hangs up, calls Durant*

SP: Hey, Durant...we got Dipo. Ready to sign a new contract?

• Upvote 1

Hey Guys,

Let's wait and see how the roster looks in a few weeks. I liked Vic as well, but agree that he and EP were a backcourt with challenges. Ibaka gives us a defensive stopper to compensate for Vooch.

You can't trade players with no value. That's why Nicholson is still here.

I like the trade with an eye out for free agency. Should be interesting.

Something that has just changed my mind:

How easy is it to find 1) a 6'10" 26 yr old PF who is a great defender and good outside shooter vs. 2) an athletic 24 yr old 6'5" SG who can drive but has spotty shot selection on an inconsistent jumper?

One is much more rare than the other.

I get that but oladipo was our best offensive player behind Fournier. We traded Harris a couple of months ago as well.

We have cap room that likely will not be used. We might have to overpay players to fill roster. I have not seen yet a move from Heeny that i feel excited about. We need to get rid of Vuc now. It doesnt make sense to keep him now when we have Gordon and Ibaka. Gordon is not good at SF.

We need an offensive minded SF.

And also There is a very high posibility that Ibaka will leave after this year.

Welp - every national message board is declaring the Thunder the winners of this one.

Remember we lost the Dwight trade from every national source too.