Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

Raptors vs Magic 11/6

We also won without vooch. That is huge. Like I said earlier in the week. Our team is like night and day compared to last season already. And we are 6 games in. Well done to coach and the players. Now let's improve some more.

Looking at this from a homeristic fan perspective, what freaking relief we won this game. Toronto Raptors. More like Toronto Lizards!

I'm glad Skiles bench all the guys who started in the third to send a message. Our bench immediately got the game back close after magic allowed 33 in the 3rd quarter. After that quarter, the Magic scored 28 to finish and allowed 18. It was a great quarter for the Magic.

Alright..looking forward, we play Philadelphia. Then we play the Pacers. Then we play the Lakers. Their records and approach to the game this season should tell the tale.

This is the perfect stretch for the Magic to get on a winning streak. Looking far forward, we have a stretch against Jazz, Wizards, Timberwolves, Kings, and the NBA. We should be able to win those first four games. We can't beat the NBA's agenda so we won't win that game.

Nah man, we played the same way every single game this season. The only difference is some things bounced our way instead of the other way. Had we gotten a break against Washington or okc or Houston it would have been enough for a win.

If we were a really fortunate team we could be 5-1.

Every team we've played so far is good. Tomorrow we'll see what type of team we are. If we put it on Philly is another bit of evidence that we are much better than our record indicates.

Would you consider NO good?

Would you consider NO good?

I'm not sure anyone knows what New Orleans is. They have three good players, 5 terrible players, and 6 injured players. Their top three is better than our top 3 but the magic are better at every other spot. I don't have any historical reference point for this situation so I just want to ignore them

What a great win! So happy for our guys. I was so upset when it looked like it was gonna be another loss -- but our guys hung in there and played awesome D.

Now on to Philly to boost our record! Woohoo!

Our defense has been consistently awesome. The team has been consistently competitive all 5 games. Resilient. Full of heart.

I really hope Payton can get out of this funk. Even in this game he shows flashes of brilliance and hustle it's just his shot is so bad. I hope Skiles doesn't give up on him so soon.

Skiles on Payton Postgame:

"At some point, its the players responsibility to get himself going. He has alot to learn at that position like all young players do. Right now he has to dust himself off, pick himself up, and have a good game tomorrow."

"At some point, its the players responsibility to get himself going. He has alot to learn at that position like all young players do. Right now he has to dust himself off, pick himself up, and have a good game tomorrow."

I think Payton is going to respond well to this. Not all NBA players would.

Team is super entertaining.

I like that. Skiles is going to give him every opportunity and its up to Payton to get it going. Not too hard but hard enough on the young kid.

This was a very enjoyable game Again. Getting a tough win like this is just another step in the process of a young team learning how to win. The reaction of the starters when they all were pulled really shows a high level of respect for Skiles.

"At some point, its the players responsibility to get himself going. He has a lot to learn at that position like all young players do. Right now he has to dust himself off, pick himself up, and have a good game tomorrow."

Great game tonight... as a matter of fact we could have won every game this season with a little more luck. I love this new team with Skiles. Every game has been exciting. That being said I know some of you are going to hate me for this but until Payton gets it together we have 2 better options to start at PG. He and Napier are both in their 2nd year but Napier looks so much more confident, PLUS he can shoot... and CJ? After 6 years of wanting him we finally all get to see what he can do for us instead of against us. The boy can ball!