Sign in to follow this  
SiMON2g

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: ORLANDO @ HOUSTON

Vucevic said in the Magic locker room after the game. ``Obviously, the knee needs to calm down and I want to get in and get a MRI and talk to the doctor and get a timetable and see where I am. I just want to make sure that I can get a good timetable and that I follow it accordingly.

@EvanFourmizz So close man... we are so close from doing something great. We need to keep pushing, keep up the hard work #Puremagic

Wasn't able to watch the game but wow we gave them hell again. And I say this without being sarcastic: we sure have a lot of moral victories. Now we need to turn that into actual wins

Let's hope that Vuc is alright

We'll have a good team when they start winning.

To be honest. I'm glad we're not being blown out however this is exasperating. If the Magic want to be great in the league, you don't come in expecting to challenge western conference teams. You expect to win against western conference teams.

More so, the Magic need to win games. Its a simple as that. The Magic need to win games. Until that motion follows through and we're at 50% on the standings, we have a great team. Right now, the Magic are a fringe team eating at the bottom of the standings. No matter how close you lose that game, you still lost the game so I back miller on his notion.

On the night where the Magic had a great shooting performance, they decided to finally not play defense. Now we have set back on defense. I'll assume the Magic were tired but..I don't like excuses. That's what conditioning in the off season is for and millions of dollars contract money.

On the positive, the Magic were in a close game without vucevic.

Aaron Gordon continuously deserves more minutes. I hope Gordon style of play can bring Hezonja along with him. Gordon shot the best percentage on mostly close shots but didn't get himself into major trouble. He also had the most offensive boards and rebounds. He played 32 minutes so i'm glad Skiles is recognizing this.

Fournier is once again invulnerable to criticism tonight. He's showed up big in two consecutive nights. He has been the most competent scorer throughout all our season games. He also managed to not foul out while guarding Harden. Very impressive.

I don't want to mention the extremely harsh negatives tonight. I won't bring down moods here for now.

With Napier/Watson playing more than Payton I'd say Skiles has a different opinion of which guy is the odd man out in the backcourt

Good observation. I just want to see this team gel and this team win, no matter the lineup. I do like our competitive fire.

I have faith in Oladipo because I see some Westbrook in him. He's one of those "deal with his 10% flaws for the 90% good things he does on the court" type players.

People have been ****ting on Westbrook for years until inexplicably the narrative changed course on him when Durant was out.

You guys would have hated Westbrook.

What's weird to me is that Oladipo is largely playing like what everyone expected him to be when he was drafted(a shorter Andre Iguodala), and everyone's freaking out about him, as though there is no middle ground between star and scrub.

I don't get it.

Another close loss, better than getting blown out I guess. What was with the first half defense? I can understand a little up-tempo but for Christ sake guard somebody. This team needs to figure out how to limit the other teams offensive rebounds. It's tough when they play 20 seconds of great defense causing a tough shot only to loose the board.

Can the league please do something about these (star calls) geez. All they have to do is put their head down and barrel into the lane and it's foul shots. On that second to last call for Harden what did Fournier do breath to heavy on him? Yet just before that Evan gets roughed up driving the lane and it's side out. I guess there is only one simple fix for that, score more points.

What's weird to me is that Oladipo is largely playing like what everyone expected him to be when he was drafted(a shorter Andre Iguodala), and everyone's freaking out about him, as though there is no middle ground between star and scrub.

I don't get it.

I love a ton about Dipo (attitude, hustle, versatility) but wonder whether his outside shot will ever be consistent and respected, which is a problem next to broccoli head. The second thing is I'm not sure he'll ever be a go-to guy, yet I consistently watch our coaches put that expectation on him. If we're still in the development phase as team, I'm fine giving it a shot. However, we've been in the development phase for several years now. Like Iggy, I think Dipo could be a second or third banana and glue guy. I'm rooting for him.

I love a ton about Dipo (attitude, hustle, versatility) but wonder whether his outside shot will ever be consistent and respected, which is a problem next to broccoli head. The second thing is I'm not sure he'll ever be a go-to guy, yet I consistently watch our coaches put that expectation on him. If we're still in the development phase as team, I'm fine giving it a shot. However, we've been in the development phase for several years now. Like Iggy, I think Dipo could be a second or third banana and glue guy. I'm rooting for him.

Yeah. It's really one of those "cross that bridge when we come to it" situations. This lineup is capable of getting us back to the playoffs. If we reach a point where we're not able to compete with great nba teams because of flaws in our roster then we'll make a decision then.

I'm trying to keep silent about Dipo right now, but I do feel I should agree with Space Jesus that dude is exactly what he should be. Anything more than what we're already getting out of him is gravy.

For myself, I think he's a very capable player because he can get his own shot and he is extremely versatile. Is the THE guy? No. Will he be? Probably not. Is he an invaluable part of this team's future success? Absolutely. Teams have won in the past without stars, but I can't think of a team that ever won a championship without tough guys who go hard and play aggressive both ways. Right now we have two guys who are effective on both sides of the floor, Dipo and Gordon (and early in the season, maybe Vuc, shockingly). So as far as I can see, those two guys are still very much huge parts of the future.