LaVar

Summer League

Mario is gonna be good. He just has it. Even when his shot isn't falling, he did other things.

Gordon was awesome. He'll keep shooting and get more comfortable. Looks stronger too. I want him to be our PF of the future. If he can pull down boards like he did, he will be our stretch, uber athletic four.

Payton was alright. I think he was trying to get others involved first. Needs to continue living in the gym to improve his shot.

As much as I liked Hezonja and still think he was the right pick, it irks me to see the two sleeper guys I thought could be really good for us (Johnson and Turner) look so good. Man, I wish there had been some way to grab Turner as well as Hezonja. I think in 2 years we may be saying Indy got the steal of the draft. (or maybe it's summer league and the guy doesn't pan out at all).

As much as I liked Hezonja and still think he was the right pick, it irks me to see the two sleeper guys I thought could be really good for us (Johnson and Turner) look so good. Man, I wish there had been some way to grab Turner as well as Hezonja. I think in 2 years we may be saying Indy got the steal of the draft. (or maybe it's summer league and the guy doesn't pan out at all).

Agreed. However, we got the steal of last year's draft in Elfrid Payton. Having another #10 pick would have been sweet, but in the end, we got the best long-term guy that fits our team needs in Hezonja.

Turner looked like he's spent all summer eating to put weight on. I'm sure the plan is to tone up as well, but I wonder how that will effect his physical development considering all that he needs to do there.

Hezonja is exactly what we needed. Watching how he moves and how perfect his shot is, and I am very very happy with our draft.

Im a big Johnson fan, but we have similar players.

Hezonja is exactly what we needed. Watching how he moves and how perfect his shot is, and I am very very happy with our draft.

Im a big Johnson fan, but we have similar players.

I agree on Hezonja. He's the guy I wanted all along, and I'm very excited about his game. I'd take him over either of those players, and the more I researched them over the summer the more I loved both Johnson and Turner (they just never caught up with Mario on my board at 5). I'm just saying I hate that we couldn't find a way to get Turner as well. Hezonja and Johnson would probably have been redundant, but Hezonja and Turner could have been a haul for the ages. Turner already looks stronger than he did in college. His stroke was gorgeous yesterday. A guy who can give you elite rim protection and consistent outside shooting to the three-point-line is beyond rare, it's almost unheard of. And that's Turner's ceiling. If he puts it together he's gonna be very valuable very soon.

Still, Mario's my guy. His defense on the ball looked great yesterday, even if he seemed to lose focus off the ball occasionally. And he didn't look like he will have as much trouble getting to the line as I thought he might. I really think that issue was purely scheme-based from FC Barcelona. He seems perfectly comfortable driving to the basket; and a guy with that length and athleticism and first step is always going to find contact at a decent rate in the NBA. And dude has that thing, man, that isolated look in his eye at all times like he's just dialed in.