MAGICmanSAM

Welcome Home Coach Scott Skiles!

Yea any coach in his situation would have wanted to stay HC, that's a given. But it might not be personal at all. If you have a chance to be an assistant for Orlando or OKC right now, is it even debatable which team you would chose? If Billy D can finally get OKC over the hump and you can ride that out as an assistant on a finals team, HC jobs potentially await you.

Oh, no doubt, OKC presents the better opportunity for him, I basically wanted to hear that Hennie interviewed him like the others! I did not hear his name mentioned so we are only left to assume no discussion took place.

I like JB, he did bring some fire, but he needed more experience and a more experienced team.

I wish him well if he stays or goes.

Oh, no doubt, OKC presents the better opportunity for him, I basically wanted to hear that Hennie interviewed him like the others! I did not hear his name mentioned so we are only left to assume no discussion took place.

I like JB, he did bring some fire, but he needed more experience and a more experienced team.

I wish him well if he stays or goes.

No doubt. I think JB could be a good coach in like 5 years or something. He will get another shot in the future and I hope he does well wherever he goes as well.

This is almost entirely off topic (since I don't think he would come here at all) but I was listening to the latest Zach Lowe podcast and I think its insane that Shane Battier either doesn't want to be a coach or can't get a coaching gig. Like why haven't Miami offered him an assistant coaching job? or Coach K? He's everything you could want from a modern coach, intelligent, well spoken, great playing experience, open to the use of analytics.

Back on topic:

It's Monday night and we haven't heard about Borrego yet.

This is almost entirely off topic (since I don't think he would come here at all) but I was listening to the latest Zach Lowe podcast and I think its insane that Shane Battier either doesn't want to be a coach or can't get a coaching gig. Like why haven't Miami offered him an assistant coaching job? or Coach K? He's everything you could want from a modern coach, intelligent, well spoken, great playing experience, open to the use of analytics.

Back on topic:

It's Monday night and we haven't heard about Borrego yet.

Very true. What about Grant Hill? Same concept.

If I had a guess, I would assume that both of them want to explore

A) More time with family (both are very family oriented)

B) Explore more of life than just basketball (entrepreneurial spirit)

If we haven't heard anything on the twitter, it probably means JB is not with us going forward.

Yea I'd say the JB train left the station. Wish him the best but not remotely upset about it.

I'm more concerned about keeping Igor, honestly.

I'm not really concerned worth keeping anyone to be honest. For as lacking it is in head coaching candidates, this league is stacked with assistant coaching talent

Agree. I'm quite confident Skiles has very quality assistants on tap.

Definitely. And I think the one important thing you need to do for your head coach is to let him bring in his own guys who he's comfortable working with.

• Upvote 1

I'm not really concerned worth keeping anyone to be honest. For as lacking it is in head coaching candidates, this league is stacked with assistant coaching talent

+1

Definitely. And I think the one important thing you need to do for your head coach is to let him bring in his own guys who he's comfortable working with.

I guess I should say I'm just concerned with offensive development since Skiles is known as a defensive coach.