MAGICmanSAM

Welcome Home Coach Scott Skiles!

Hey guys. Whether you're a fan of the hiring or not, Scott Skiles is our new head coach. It's official. Let's show him our love and welcome him back to the family.

Here's to hoping all the negative hype is wrong and the positive hype is true.

‏@WojYahooNBA

Scott Skiles' deal with Orlando will be four years, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Jim Whitney ‏@JimmyInSEA

@WojYahooNBA he'll be gone in 2

:shard:

Until the way things ended for him in Milwaukee, I was always wondering if Scott Skiles would someday be our head coach. I think every long time fan has wondered the same.

I have to think that the Magic at least considered the possibility of Thibs, if he wasn't employed by Chicago, and judge the coaching search that way. I have to think that, right or wrong, the Magic FO would rather have Skiles than Thibs if all things were equal. It also can't hurt that, odds are, Skiles will come cheaper than Thibs.

If it works out, Henny is a genius. If not, then the Magic FO have shown their homer-ism again and failed with it.

Only time will tell if I should have been careful what I wished for. For now, I'll try to look back at a less pessimistic version of myself, and just be happy that one of my favorite Magic players of all time is the head coach.

Hopefully the reality meets the 20-year-old fantasy.