Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

I was really jealous when the C's hired him. While is young, he also had proven himself as a good talent developer with a system that worked

Yep. He's doing an amazing job with the poop Celtics roster

Please no Donnavan. I had to listen to this being spewed this afternoon by Anez on the radio and I can't take it any more. This team needs a coach with NBA experience, even if it's a younger assistant. Or of course I'd take Thibbs but I also heard the Chicago GM on the radio two days ago and he said they have no problems with Thibbs. No matter what hiring a coach is the most important thing Henny will do this summer.

I don't really hold a grudge over this. Him doing what he did to the Magic last time out actually worked out for the best for both parties, if you think he's the best candidate then try to get him. One upside is he's already previously coached Payton and Gordon at the FIBA U19 tournament (when AG was named MVP of the tournament).

Also one of my potential candidates (Shaka Smart) is off the table now since he just became the Texas Head Coach.

Also relevant: Florida pays Donovan more than the Celtics pay brad Stevens and the kings pay George Karl plus 8 other nba coaches

And I'm now firmly in the No group.

If there was a shot to land an college coach, I'd want Donovan, but I prefer to have an NBA experienced coach.

When looking at college coaches I prefer ones that have success at non-elite programs.

I feel like the reason calipari, pitino, etc fail in the pros is because recruiting is so prominent in college basketball success. They get to hand pick their guys for their roster and can stack the deck.

That's why I wanted shaka smart or Tony Bennett. They took non basketball powers to heights never before achieved. You have to be a good play called and motivator for that to happen

• Upvote 1

When looking at college coaches I prefer ones that have success at non-elite programs.

I feel like the reason calipari, pitino, etc fail in the pros is because recruiting is so prominent in college basketball success. They get to hand pick their guys for their roster and can stack the deck.

That's why I wanted shaka smart or Tony Bennett. They took non basketball powers to heights never before achieved. You have to be a good play called and motivator for that to happen

Good point. You know, there's a part me that wants to just ignore MJax's firing and bring him on board for the simple reason of how he turned GS around.

• Upvote 1