Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

I read that on twitter from somebody else too. Basically said T'Wolves, Bulls, Magic and Pels have all reached out to him. Iowa State pretty much know he's not coming back. Apparently with the T'Wolves getting #1 they might make a push for Hoiberg (he has friends in their FO apparently) so the Bulls need to move soon if they want to secure him as the replacement. Rumors also say that he'd take the Bulls job if offered it.

This is exactly what I was speaking on yesterday. If the Bulls expect to trade Thibs they better hurry up before teams start to look elsewhere.

I read that on twitter from somebody else too. Basically said T'Wolves, Bulls, Magic and Pels have all reached out to him. Iowa State pretty much know he's not coming back. Apparently with the T'Wolves getting #1 they might make a push for Hoiberg (he has friends in their FO apparently) so the Bulls need to move soon if they want to secure him as the replacement. Rumors also say that he'd take the Bulls job if offered it.

This is nothing but good news for Orlando, who would like to get Thibs in place here sooner than later.

• Upvote 1

I think we need our new coach in place before the draft so that we can pick based on what the coach has in mind for a style of play.

Do we need a shooter, a runner, or a big that can solve our "in the paint" problems? Are any of the prospects and answer to all 3?

Just want to point this out, it says he passed on interviews with DEN & NO. No word about Orlando.

If Brooks isn't there as a comfort blanket should we not get Thibs, then I am indeed concerned about who we're hiring, especially considering the two coaches after that are Mike Malone and Scott Skiles, both of which have left some organizations and players poorly.

If we can't get Brooks, I'm on the Mark Jackson bandwagon. He doesn't get enough credit, but look at his development of that Warriors team. We can give credit to Kerr all we want, but Jackson did a number of player development there. I have concerns about him getting along with upper management, but I would much rather have a wild card like that (think SVG's "problems" with management) than a coach who will grind and run his players down (like Skiles).

• Upvote 1

Don't know if this has already been pointed out:

In the last couple of weeks, there have been whispers that the vacant Orlando job is Thibodeau’s for the taking. In the last couple of days, there has been chatter that the Magic will make Thibodeau an extremely lucrative offer, one that could make him perhaps the highest-paid coach in the game.

Two NBA officials said they heard the Magic will be willing to pay Thibodeau anywhere from $7 million to $9 million annually. What’s more, they said Thibodeau will be accorded extensive input on basketball-oriented decisions. The 57-year-old Thibodeau, who has guided the Bulls to five straight playoff appearances, has two years left on his contract with the Bulls.

http://journaltimes.com/sports/basketball/bucks-beat-magic-ready-to-open-vault-for-thibodeau/article_0b44eaab-3d72-5b74-9999-4bedbd98fe7c.html

Farewell atricle from ISU about Hoiberg.

http://www.widerightnattylite.com/2015/5/19/8625695/a-preemptive-goodbye-to-fred-hoiberg

Looks like he's gone for sure; just a matter of what team? Minny (he's good friends with their GM) and Chi (good friends with their GM) are the clear favorites. Rumor on Chi board says he's close to committing to Chi. If true, we could see this Thibs mess sorted out within a week.

Getting interesting.

Would you fire Tom Thibodeau?

TrueHoop Podcast had a good discussion about the what went bad in Chi and Thibs as a coach. They also talk about minutes played and it's affect on player injuries. This is a VERY good listen http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12892520

And if we do hire Thibs, I'm more open to WCS as our #5 pick. How they explain defensive assignments in the podcast, I can easily see WCS flourishing in that system. I also believe he'll improve his mid-range jumper.

Would you fire Tom Thibodeau?

TrueHoop Podcast had a good discussion about the what went bad in Chi and Thibs as a coach. They also talk about minutes played and it's affect on player injuries. This is a VERY good listen http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12892520

And if we do hire Thibs, I'm more open to WCS as our #5 pick. How they explain defensive assignments in the podcast, I can easily see WCS flourishing in that system. I also believe he'll improve his mid-range jumper.

Find me a good player, worthy of a top 5 pick, who averaged less than 10 ppg for three consecutive seasons in college and I'll be on board with WCS.

Find me a good player, worthy of a top 5 pick, who averaged less than 10 ppg for three consecutive seasons in college and I'll be on board with WCS.

His offense is never a selling point but his defensive impact potential is what I can admire. Believe me, I was never a fan of his, but I'm more open to it today.