Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Poll: Would You Rather Have Vooch or Howard?

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have the current Vooch moving forward or the current Howard moving forward?

• The current Vooch moving forward
    • The current Howard moving forward

You can't beat prime Howard, who was a legit MVP candidate.

But now? Vooch easily. Great contract, great offense, improving defense, and still has yet to peak. Great attitude as well.

Howard is a shell of his former self. SVG was the best thing to hapoen to him and he ruined it.

If Dwight Howard didn't turn out the way he was mentally, I would have choose him. His mental approach on court was to use his physical gifts rather than relying on post skill. He didn't care to improve his free throw shooting which he had no excuse to not do so. His minor annoyances was being stripped by smaller players when doubled. Most of all, Howard's off court antics has made him a harlequin of ridicule. He lived up to his former nickname, "man child", in actuality.

Nikola Vucevic on the other hand seems to be a quiet storm. Vucevic brings a solemn and formal attitude towards the energy of the Magic. Vucevic has more in his repository of post move's than Dwight ever could have. Not having to bail himself out because of limited athleticism, Vucevic has built a great all around game within 20 feet of the rim. Overall, Vucevic is a better score at his position than Dwight Howard could. Vucevic's character of letting people talk about him rather than boosting himself is what I like the most.

Vucevic lacks the defense Howard possessed. Howard changed shots and was LeBron's "immovable object" while he was here. Vucevic at least makes up for that by not missing freethrows at the rate Dwight Howard did.

Dwight Howard's off court drama did embarrass the organization. I see Vucevic not taking that path. Moreso, I would love for no one to be claiming the team as "theirs" and hold management hostage. Thus far, management has been allowed to do their job in building the team without self entitled players. The closest we've had to this..is probably Tobias Harris.

No doubt about it, Vooch is Henny's claim to fame so far. The fact that we have him locked up for several years to come, and he has already stated that he wants to be here forever, is icing on the cake. When Dwight was here, he was the most dominating center in the game, but those days are over for us and him. What a difference a couple of years make, eh?

Vucevic by far since you're asking about them as they are currently.

In their prime? Dwight, and it isn't even close.

Vuch isn't in his prime yet though. Still has 2-3 more years for that.

Can I take Dwights Athleticism with Vuch's offense? Now you got a HOF player.

Vuch isn't in his prime yet though. Still has 2-3 more years for that.

Can I take Dwights Athleticism with Vuch's offense? Now you got a HOF player.

No, probably not, but has he shown anything that even remotely hints at being able to be anything remotely close to the defense juggernaut that was prime Dwight Howard?

I think it's unanimous that everyone would choose Vuc.

Now, if it were Vuc at 24 or Howard at 26/27 (3-4 years ago) - that would be more of an interesting discussion, of which I imagine would be in Howard's favor. He changed the game defensively like few ever do each generation. However, now at 30, his best days are far behind him and Vuc has at least another 8 years of quality play ahead of him. Easy pick.

So, pretty unanimously, this board wouldn't trade Dwight for Vuc straight up which only makes the trade look even better in retrospect considering it also got us Payton, Fournier and another potential 1st round pick from the Lakers (also Harkless, KOQ and Marble).

So, pretty unanimously, this board wouldn't trade Dwight for Vuc straight up which only makes the trade look even better in retrospect considering it also got us Payton, Fournier and another potential 1st round pick from the Lakers (also Harkless, KOQ and Marble).

Yup, the genius of Henny. Love that guy.

I'd rather have Dwight.

Even in his current state he has the ability to change opponents' game plans on the offensive end. Vuc is just not a player that offenses have to go around.