Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Poll: Would You Rather Have Vooch or Howard?

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have the current Vooch moving forward or the current Howard moving forward?

• The current Vooch moving forward
    • The current Howard moving forward

I voted Vucevic because of Dwight's injuries. Dwight has played in 800+ games over 11 seasons and typically this is where you start to see consistent decline in centers. It's not that I think Vucevic is an elite center, just that I no longer believe that Dwight is a top 5 center (or a top 10 center if you lump zach Randolph, Aldridge, and Davis in with centers). He's somewhere between omer asik and pau gasol. Who knows what Dwight is going to be in 3 seasons. Is Dwight even capable of contributing at a starters level once his athleticism goes?

Vooch is young and entering his prime.

Dwight turns 30 this year and his entire game revolves around his athletism and strength. He has maybe a few years of high level production left in him....and makes nearly twice what Vooch is locked in for contract wise.

Vucevic by far since you're asking about them as they are currently.

In their prime? Dwight, and it isn't even close.

Yeah, prime Dwight should have won the mvp.

Indeed, I am asking now and in the upcoming years

Kind of a no brainer considering that Vuc is having a fantastic year and should still be improving, meanwhile Dwight's been on the decline ever since his injury.

Kind of a no brainer considering that Vuc is having a fantastic year and should still be improving, meanwhile Dwight's been on the decline ever since his injury.

In my mind, it points to two very fortunate realities:

1. The fact that Dwight didn't want to stay in Orlando long-term.

2. The fact that Henny was/is a star in somehow trading for an unknown Vooch and locking him up to a very modest contract.

I am so glad Dwight is not on the Magic and that we've replenished the cupboard.