Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

The Magic, Kings and Celtics are interested in soon-to-be free agent Kosta Koufos, sources tell Aris Barkas of Eurohoops.net. The Grizzlies would like to keep the Ohio native who also has Greek nationality, though that will have much to do with Memphis’ pursuit of a new deal with Marc Gasol, Barkas hears. The Grizzlies are aware of the desire Koufos has to play a starting role, as Marc Stein of ESPN.com recently wrote, and such a gig wouldn’t be open to Koufos in Memphis if Gasol re-signs.

The interest from Sacramento and Boston dates back to earlier this season, when Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com identified the Kings as among the teams that had called Memphis about trading for the former 23rd overall pick. The Celtics were also one of many who made Koufos trade proposals to the Grizzlies, according to Stein. Orlando is the apparent newcomer among the suitors, but the presence of center Nikola Vucevic, whose incentive-laden, four-year, $48MM extension kicks in next season, would seemingly make the Magic an odd choice for Koufos. Vucevic played occasionally at power forward in the past, as Basketball-Referenceshows, but it would nonetheless be a difficult fit if Koufos is to see starter’s minutes. Cousins has played exclusively at center in the NBA, but his athleticism makes him a candidate to see time at power forward if the Kings land Koufos. The Celtics have Tyler Zeller, Jared Sullingerand Kelly Olynyk, among others, jockeying for time on the interior, but Koufos would have as clear a shot at a starting job in Boston as he would anywhere.

The Kings, Celtics and Magic all have the capacity to open enough cap room to give the Mark Termini client a significant raise on this season’s $3MM salary. Sacramento, with about $53MM in commitments, has the least amount of flexibility, but even that provides ample breathing room against a projected $67.1MM cap. The Grizzlies have Koufos’ Bird Rights and can spread their financial offer to the 26-year-old over five years, an advantage other teams don’t have, though just how much of an edge that would really give Memphis remains to be seen.

Who do you guys have winning the Finals?(I know the WCF isn't technically over, but the Warriors are taking it obviously) I honestly think the Cavs haven't really been challenged yet(I don't even know if the Hawks would even be a playoff team if they played in the West, maybe they'd be an 8 seed). LeBron and Kyrie(JR Smith also when he's hitting those 3s) are just ridiculously good, but the Warriors are deep and they are flat out ridiculous on both ends of the floor. I don't see the Finals going more than 5 games. I think they should stick Green on LeBron and hope for the best(LeBron will get his via pts or assists as usual, but I think they'd be foolish to double him much). Thoughts?

Who do you guys have winning the Finals?(I know the WCF isn't technically over, but the Warriors are taking it obviously) I honestly think the Cavs haven't really been challenged yet(I don't even know if the Hawks would even be a playoff team if they played in the West, maybe they'd be an 8 seed). LeBron and Kyrie(JR Smith also when he's hitting those 3s) are just ridiculously good, but the Warriors are deep and they are flat out ridiculous on both ends of the floor. I don't see the Finals going more than 5 games. I think they should stick Green on LeBron and hope for the best(LeBron will get his via pts or assists as usual, but I think they'd be foolish to double him much). Thoughts?

warriors

Warriors in 6. They just have a better roster. LeBron will have to be better than he was in the ECF for the Cavs to win and that's tough to do.

I'm rooting for Cleveland. With all the crap they've dealt with...

What are guesses on Koufas price range? It's really hard for me to judge prices nowadays with the cap increasing and everything but we have plenty of flexibility so I'd be willing to overpay slightly.

What are guesses on Koufas price range? It's really hard for me to judge prices nowadays with the cap increasing and everything but we have plenty of flexibility so I'd be willing to overpay slightly.

It's not just price. He wants to be a starter.

My guess would be $10M, and I can't justify paying that for the 15-20 minutes he'd probably play behind Vooch. I'd rather keep Dedmon and invest the money in a wing/backup pg who can shoot.