Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

So let's see:

We have the third best combo guard.

Harris is an elite if underrated SF given his stats as reported in that other article.

Vuch puts up amongst the best double double numbers in the league.

Payton has great court vision and runs the offense as well as any point guard we've ever had.

We must be great, right??

sounds like homer cooking.

lol

So let's see:

We have the third best combo guard.

Harris is an elite if underrated SF given his stats as reported in that other article.

Vuch puts up amongst the best double double numbers in the league.

Payton has great court vision and runs the offense as well as any point guard we've ever had.

We must be great, right??

Solid foundation. We just need to coach them up now and build the team around their strengths

Yup. Not a perfect coach but the best available and we're lucky someone of his caliber is even available.

I get the whole best available and all that but at the same time I want perfect. I dont want someone with limitations. I get that's impossible but Tom's offense and use of players scares the hell out of me.

Will he make our team better? No doubt. Will he win us a championship? Maybe.

In the end the championship is all that matters to me.

What reservations did people have when Stan was hired? I wasnt around the forum back then.

I get the whole best available and all that but at the same time I want perfect. I dont want someone with limitations. I get that's impossible but Tom's offense and use of players scares the hell out of me.

What reservations did people have when Stan was hired? I wasnt around the forum back then.

People thought that Gortat should have been started with Dwight more. Also, it wasn't all Stan. Otis some of it. Most of all, I believe Stan catered to Dwight to much but eventually saw it was pointless which is why Stan called Dwight out in front of the media.

People called him Stan van Dumby for playing Bogans and Evans over redick.

People didn't like the amount of threes we took.

People wanted to play a more traditional lineup with a big at pf

People thought he was terrible at in game adjustments

They were pretty wrong

I just hope that Henny has a back channel as to (1) Bulls REALLY FIRING THIBBS and (2) THIBBS is really interested in landing here!

smile_panicworker.gif

Basically, if he has no information on either...............Then why are we holding out? smile_svgsad.png

I just hope that Henny has a back channel as to (1) Bulls REALLY FIRING THIBBS and (2) THIBBS is really interested in landing here!

smile_panicworker.gif

Basically, if he has no information on either...............Then why are we holding out? smile_svgsad.png

I think we are all sure of 1.

2- were holding out for several coaches that are still in the playoffs

Yup. Not a perfect coach but the best available and we're lucky someone of his caliber is even available.

But he's not available....

I think we are all sure of 1.

2- were holding out for several coaches that are still in the playoffs

OK....I will bite, which coach that is still in the playoffs......with head coaching experience could we be holding out for?

What am I missing here?

Alvin Gentry

Ahh yes...I do recall his name being mentioned, but it was kind of like......you know, just as a consideration, not a serious enough consideration to hold up the hiring process, like Thibbs!

Alvin is a proven AC, but I just never get the warm and fuzzies when his name is called! I will give him credit for all the years and rings with Phil Jackson, but can he provide what will be needed to turn the corner, and make it to the playoffs?

The other thing that throws me regarding Gentry, Henny is a POP, OKC disciple, not a ZEN master? Thanks for the info!!!