Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

maybe making the team. we signed appling too and have harvey

Napier didn't put up great numbers last year, but I'd be shocked if either of those guys beat him out. Appling and Harvey will good additions to the Bayhawks.

Okay, thanks for the summary (I've been away from a computer for awhile, and haven't been able to listen to it.) I suppose if everything broke the same way (prior to the Arenas trade) but Dwight was mature enough to be a leader and improved his FTs, maybe we at least make it to another finals and ECF with the same rosters and no one would care what Rashard was making. So that makes sense.

Yeah, and I guess it relies on hindsight either way, like draft grades. Philly got great grades for drafting Embiid but how would it be a good pick if he never plays for them.

I think it's appropriate to have a nuanced opinion on things like that. Contracts only matter if they prevent you from making moves in the future and they don't translate to team success. Otherwise, who cares how much an athlete makes?

I've got to say SVG is awesome to hear speak. He's intelligent, honest and entertaining and you don't usually get all 3 of those qualities in a sports personality. (And I wasn't even really a fan of basketball when he coached the Magic so I'm not bias at all) I think he's right about draft grades and about how people judges moves that teams make.

People like to bash the Frye deal but until the day that it actually hurts us I honestly don't mind it, I also think Frye is a better player than he showed last year.

Yeah, and I guess it relies on hindsight either way, like draft grades. Philly got great grades for drafting Embiid but how would it be a good pick if he never plays for them.

I think it's appropriate to have a nuanced opinion on things like that. Contracts only matter if they prevent you from making moves in the future and they don't translate to team success. Otherwise, who cares how much an athlete makes?

An interesting point I remember from that summer: Rashard signed the same year Dwight signed his extension. Combined, the two of them signed for about 34m a year.

For the two of them, that's probably below market, because Dwight was so underpaid thanks to max contract rules.

I knew Stan was pissed off about that series against the Celtics. Even Lowe thought that was our year. I know for a matter of fact we would have beaten the Lakers, the Celtics were just a stubborn old men and lost in the finals with the Lakers winning our championship.

Yes I'm STILL SALTY!! I'm just glad I heard it from Stan's mouth.

Lost? I'm referring to the Lowe podcast.

Losing the 2010 ECF hurt way more than losing the Finals the year before did. That team looked to have something going, but the Celtics found a way to cool us down. Perkins held his own against Dwight and our shooters didn't do jack, mainly Vince Carter who choked under the pressure.

5. Mario Hezonja Readiness: 54.0 Ceiling: 82.5

Two notes: Hezonja could easily have a higher readiness and might never reach his ceiling. While he's got a tantalizing skill-to-size ratio, both basketball IQ and decision-making will be serious hurdles in his development. It's great to have size and athleticism while also being able to dribble, pass and shoot, but knowing when to dribble, when to pass and when to shoot factor in almost as heavily. Hezonja showed flashes of brilliance in Orlando Summer League, but he also showed lapses in judgement, not to mention moments of abrasive behavior toward teammates. Nothing egregious, but it was the kind of behavior that wears on people, especially if you're prone to a boneheaded play or two yourself. He's got serious upside if he can get past those issues -- perhaps I'm even short-changing his ceiling -- but that's a big "if".

Rookie Readiness RATINGROLE

90+ Superstar

80-89 All-Star

70-79 High-level starter

60-69 Rotation starter

50-59 Rotation bench

40-49 Fringe rotation

< 40ICE (In case of emergency)

http://espn.go.com/n...a-ready-rookies