Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

AH..... August is nearly here, this is that month of the year where nothing happens... it drags on and on and on and we wish training camp was here. Constantly refreshing this forum and hoopshype waiting for some news, some discussion, that never takes place.

AH..... August is nearly here, this is that month of the year where nothing happens... it drags on and on and on and we wish training camp was here. Constantly refreshing this forum and hoopshype waiting for some news, some discussion, that never takes place.

Its all about preseason NFL, college football and the regular NFLseason to get you to October when camp starts.

Its all about preseason NFL, college football and the regular NFLseason to get you to October when camp starts.

Amen, I'm starting to get psyched for football season. My teams are the Gators and Jags. It might seem like I don't have much to be excited about this season, but I honestly have a good feeling about the Jags. I'm basically expecting nothing from my Gators(in football or basketball). I like Jim McElwain, but I'm thinking maybe a 7-5 or 8-4 year(That might sound a little high, but he better do at least that well. I honestly think he should do better; he did say he can win with his dog. I am a spoiled Gator fan so...)

The Heat apparently traded Shabazz because he's only 6'1 and is neither really athletic nor a great shooter... except he shot 36% from 3 as a rookie which is a better 3 point shooting rookie season than a lot of guys who have gone on to be great shooters.

I think Shabazz is a NBA player, he just has to realize his limited potential.

Yeah he's going to be earl Watson. That's a pretty good career.

Isn't that what the national sports media is about every day of the year?

Isn't that what the national sports media is about every day of the year?

I know you didn't ask me, but yes. There are a lot of areas where nobody cares about basketball, baseball, etc. Almost nobody I know in this area watches the NBA.

The Heat apparently traded Shabazz because he's only 6'1 and is neither really athletic nor a great shooter... except he shot 36% from 3 as a rookie which is a better 3 point shooting rookie season than a lot of guys who have gone on to be great shooters.

He's a college star who hasn't proved he can be a rotation NBA player. I love the deal, but let's not pretend like we know he'll still be in the league in 3 years. I don't expect him to get much time on this team unless he really earns it. I wouldn't be surprised if he proves he can be valuable or if he proves to be nothing. He's basically a question mark right now(he can shoot really well; we quietly stacked this team with a lot of great shooters).

I guess I'll over hype shabazz and say he'll be better than Payton since we've run out of forum members who do that thing.

I guess I'll over hype shabazz and say he'll be better than Payton since we've run out of forum members who do that thing.

Once we start winning games next season(hopefully) I'm sure we'll see plenty of people that haven't posted here or watched any games for years jumping back on the bandwagon and hyping him up. I'm absolutely rooting for him; It would be awesome if he becomes a great player(especially because we got him from the Heat for absolutely nothing). He did have a 6 game stretch last year where he scored in double figures @ good shooting percentages.