Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Am I the only one who likes this signing? Gives us depth as a big man shooter. Last year it seemed like he couldn't miss against us. Henny killing it once again.

So where is the upgrade to PF, which meant getting a guy who can play decent defense in addition to not being a nonentity on offense? Are we going to be Swiss cheese in the paint yet again? I thought that was our biggest need this summer in addition to shooting (which we did work on)

Am I the only one who likes this signing? Gives us depth as a big man shooter. Last year it seemed like he couldn't miss against us. Henny killing it once again.

This is essentially a Ben Gordon deal, which worked out fine (as in he's off our books this year). Looking at the market and seeing how quickly players are being snapped up. I don't mind giving him 4.5 for one year. He'll be fine off the bench. We have to realise that players aren't that excited to come to Orlando just yet. If we improve and make the playoffs next year, then we should be able to attract better players, i.e Horford

So where is the upgrade to PF, which meant getting a guy who can play decent defense in addition to not being a nonentity on offense? Are we going to be Swiss cheese in the paint yet again? I thought that was our biggest need this summer in addition to shooting (which we did work on)

Did more research on this guy. Def an upgrade to Frye and O'quinn.

You might be forgetting that there actually needs to be a player like that available, AND they would have to want to come to Orlando (aside from a trade)

This signing could be a great trade chip if we move him.

I think that is it, plus I am thinking the Magic are gearing up for a small trade involving Nicholson and Frye. I also think they want to run smaller and will probably not play Smith big minutes.

I dunno man. I see that SF jam there, and I'm like, hmmmm....

Funny thing in the list you posted is everyone's favorite guy Ed Davis. But no one posted this stat when they were frothing at the mouth for the Magic to sign him. Crazy how that works.

I think that is it, plus I am thinking the Magic are gearing up for a small trade involving Nicholson and Frye. I also think they want to run smaller and will probably not play Smith big minutes.

uh i have never favored signing ed davis.

His name was Millsap and he decided to show some loyality and reup with an playoff team.

Best bet? Hope AG comes out in training camp ready to wreck havoc defensively.

Harris & AG for PF Duties it seems..

Better team defence i guess.

@Quietstorm_32 aka CJ Watson

Scott Perry and Rob Hennigan first class guys!!!!! already loving it here in Orlando!!!

@BobbyMarks42

P1 Still some good names on the FA market: N. Cole ®, J. Lin, J. Nelson, D. Sloan, A. Miller, M. Thornton, JR Smith, J. Jenkins, A.Shved

P2: K. McDaniels ®, G. Green, J. Taylor, D. Wright, J. Hill, Mirza T ®, Amare, D. Arthur, Jo. Smith, C. Boozer, L. Moute, E. Kanter ®

P3: J. Withey, S. Dalembert, K. Seraphin, L. Scola, C. Copeland, R. Hollins

Yes, Exum sucked last year...Yes, David Thorpe is a respected talent evaluator for ESPN.

As recently as last Thanksgiving he had Exum rated the top talented rookie based on potential.

Click the link to see where he ranks Payton and Gordon:

http://www.slcdunk.com/2014/11/14/7222267/utah-jazz-dante-exum-top-rookie-according-to-espns-david-thorpe

Be interesting to watch next season to see how Gordon and Exum and Payton for that matter develop.

• Downvote 1