Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

I was at the game, don't need to lecture me about disappointing the home crowd. I've been to all but 5 games, I've been disappointed plenty. I don't think we remotely lost that game on purpose, but anyone who was expecting anything other than what we saw last night hasn't watched this team much this season. After devastating losses, we come out the next night and play like trash. This team does not recover from things easily. Our mental toughness is terrible. Nothing new.

I agree.

Eh, I'd take this with a grain of salt. The guy reporting on this is from the Chicago Tribune. I'd trust his opinion on thibs leaving but I don't have any idea how he would have a connection that would know our plans for a off-season coaching move. Especially considering our guys have no connection with Rob's front office.

Eh, I'd take this with a grain of salt. The guy reporting on this is from the Chicago Tribune. I'd trust his opinion on thibs leaving but I don't have any idea how he would have a connection that would know our plans for a off-season coaching move. Especially considering our guys have no connection with Rob's front office.

One of our assistant GMs (Matt Lloyd) did spend like 13 years in Chicago before here. But you're right I doubt there's any thing in this its probably just regurgitated from stuff the national press has conjectured.

And then again, he's not really saying anything substantive.

His sources say our GM is going to consider 2 well known free agent coaches for a vacant coaching job....thank you Captain Obvious.

Hawks swingman DeMarre Carroll, one of the unsung free agents on an unsung team, is not afraid of the big stage and revealed the Knicks will be a strong option for him in July.

The 6-foot-8 Carroll, who plays small forward but often defends shooting guards, is a candidate for one of the All-Defensive teams. He calls himself “Junkyard Dog.’’ He’s from Birmingham, Ala., but has no qualms about playing in New York, saying he knows coach Derek Fisher from working out with him in Woodland Hills, Calif., a few years ago.

According to a source, Fisher is high on Carroll, who had 16 points, four rebounds and three assists on Monday, and the defensive approach he brings to the court.

“Most definitely,’’ Carroll said when asked if the Knicks would be a high consideration.“When guys talk about playing in certain places — they talk about Madison Square Garden and Staples Center. Those two places. New York has a lot to offer but at the end of the season, I’ll let my agent do that. We’ll keep our options and hopefully it will work out for the best.’’

http://nypost.com/20...nick-next-year/

Tobias' supposed main suitor might be looking elsewhere.

It blows my mind that the Knicks are an actractive FA destination spot for players on currently successful teams. It can't possibly be about basketball, unless you actually believe Phil can magically assemble a contender out of nothing (a situation he has never had to deal with before.)

It blows my mind that the Knicks are an actractive FA destination spot for players on currently successful teams. It can't possibly be about basketball, unless you actually believe Phil can magically assemble a contender out of nothing (a situation he has never had to deal with before.)

The Yankees are not a very good baseball team, but it's still the team that players want to go to. A combination of the bright lights and tradition will always be a drawing card for professional athletes.

The Yankees are not a very good baseball team, but it's still the team that players want to go to. A combination of the bright lights and tradition will always be a drawing card for professional athletes.

Well with the Yankees, they also can offer more $$$ than other teams.

Not to mention your off-court endorsement abilities go through the roof.

As well as your on court legacy, if you can handle the limelight (imagine if prime T-Mac had played in NYC? Those seasons would not be just a cult statistical relic).

Well with the Yankees, they also can offer more $$$ than other teams.

Agreed, but if you ask any player who puts on the Pin Striped uniform for the first time, and sees the pictures of Ruth, Gerhig, Mantle, etc in the clubhouse, they will tell you it's more than just the money. The Knicks are not on that level, but they do have a long standing tradition and rabid fan base.