Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

josh robbins just put out an article, and tobias speaks directly about skiles and how they have a great relationship so those rumors can be put to bed

Those rumors were put to bed months ago when Skiles said he and Tobias stayed in contact after Tobes was traded. But I guess this double officially does.

My knowledge of the payroll and roster is just fine, so is my memory. Here's an example, I remember last year there was one person on this forum who became obsessive over Channing Frye, to the point where this person argued endlessly for days about everything he would bring to this team. Do you want to take a guess as to who that was?

It's the same person who wanted nothing to do with Parsons because he would cost too much, and the same person who attempted to diminish the huge strides Harris made in 3pt shooting by saying "but he missed some in the 4th quarter during the season".

Hopefully I've given you enough hints.

Your knowledge is not just fine if you don't know who the teams highest paid player was. That's a real basic thing that anyone should know. Your non sequitur out of that non-rebuttal into a personal attack just shows how quickly you are aching to deflect that embarrassing lack of knowledge so you can return to your usual status quo.

Its funny how you return to the forums every time and instantly complain about the team and attempt to take shots at me.I must have really affected your mentality.

I also like your direct quote, since I doubt I said that. It just sounds idiotic and like you are reaching again as usual.

Parsons DID cost too much. Channing Frye did not. That's the difference that you have never seemed to grasp, even in your time off between rants and public melt downs here.

Maybe you misread but I asked if you watched it on ESPN. There was a draft party..there was people at bars not listening to the dialogue between picks..etc. No need to respond like a kid all the time.

Sorry not one person on that ESPN broadcast knew the first thing about the Magic.

Big part here is Tobias never signed an offer sheet. So this guy is tradable if it doesn't work out sooner than a year.

Sorry not one person on that ESPN broadcast knew the first thing about the Magic.

Thats a nice cliche but these folks actually follow the NBA and know more than you think. Again, it was one example and I listed others as well.

My knowledge of the payroll and roster is just fine, so is my memory. Here's an example, I remember last year there was one person on this forum who became obsessive over Channing Frye, to the point where this person argued endlessly for days about everything he would bring to this team. Do you want to take a guess as to who that was?

It's the same person who wanted nothing to do with Parsons because he would cost too much, and the same person who attempted to diminish the huge strides Harris made in 3pt shooting by saying "but he missed some in the 4th quarter during the season".

Hopefully I've given you enough hints.

berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465

• Upvote 2

I think a lot of us undervalue Harris because of his past defensive efforts, which could easily change under Skiles. Other teams around the league coveted him as the best wing in the draft. I would guess T12 got offers, shared them with Rob, and got the same offer to stay minus what he would have paid in state taxes elsewhere. good deal all around. Now lets get that backup PF and PG that we need and roll into camp with our heads high and ready to rock!

Think Larry Sanders wants to come back and play for Skiles? Almost a hometown kid too (Port St. Lucie).

Personal attack? Pointing out your laughable past is now a personal attack?

It IS funny reading your reaction to your own words though, "I doubt I said that"...ha, I don't. I believe it was the same post you threw a tantrum because I called Fournier an "okay" player.

Parsons now makes slightly less than Harris, he didn't cost too much then and doesn't now. Your argument for awhile now has been the cap is going up so players are going to make more, your continued issue with the Parsons contract doesn't reconcile very well with that argument. This is just another example of you taking a stand on a player and refusing to adjust your position when proven wrong. You stating that Frye didn't get paid too much is another example of this. Not one GM or coach believes he's worth 8 million. The fact he was essentially benched as the season went along proves that even our own front office realizes their mistake. But by all means continue hold on to your fantasy that Frye will ever contribute in a meaningful way to this franchise. You spent so much time trying to convince everyone what a God send he'd be last year, it comes as no surprise that you'll never change your tune.

Also, I'm not bashing the team, I'm stating the obvious truth. We won 25 games in a conference that might be the weakest of any sport ever. Three teams made the playoffs with a .500 or worse record, and we finished 13 games below those teams. You call this the plan, nonsense. The very fact that JV was fired should have woken you up to the realization that the plan is going wrong. Rob threw 20 million at Millsap out of desperation, we desperately need some help and Rob knows it. Relying on your youth is a recipe for disaster, yet that's all we can do at this point. The team hasn't developed the way Rob had hoped, because of that nobody wants to come here. This will be Rob's last season as our GM if there isn't a major turn around.

Your opinion on Magic basketball is very negative and pessimistic, and also grossly misinformed. This post plus your opinion on Aaron Gordon is cringeworthy, but whatever.

You must be really fun at parties as you seem like a happy, well-adjusted person.

• Upvote 2