Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

1.they moved from content reporting to content manufacturing so that they have a steady stream of filler for their multiple platforms. That's why during dead periods they have one of their talking heads say something stupid. "Colin Kaepernick might be the best quarterback of all time" or they exacerbate minor issues "Chip Kelly is a racist". This is the Fox news model that every 24 hour news station adopted. This creates a echo chamber of stupid.

I read this right after watching Anchorman 2, making it 100 times better.

Wasn't that excited about Skiles but the more I think about it, the more optimistic I am. I think he was the best choice since Thibs decided he didn't want to coach at all this season. He just makes a lot of sense not only from a defensive perspective but also as a guy who will make Elfrid Payton into a force.

I expect Payton to start the season a little slow. He will be developing confidence in a new shot and working on new concepts that Skiles will be teaching him. It will take a little while for everything to sink in and be natural for him. But once it all gels, I believe Elfrid is going to terrorize the league.

We may not have a superstar just yet, but we have multiple guys who can be all-stars now and then throughout their careers. Victor, Elfrid, Vuc and Harris are all candidates there. Vuc and Vic could make the team this season and down the road Gordon is on track to do the same.

Haven't mentioned Mario since he is a rook, but I believe he is the most talented player on our roster and once it all clicks he could be our best, and fill that go to scorer role we need so badly.

So we are looking at 6 young guys with all-star potential. Maybe not on an annual basis like a super star would be, but a home grown team who stays together for years and has a starting lineup plus a reserve this talented is a formula for success I think.

I don't think GSW won the title because Curry is a superstar. That helped for sure, but I believe what won them the title was great coaching and depth. Iggy was the finals MVP and he didn't even start. Having one of the best shooters ever is a huge asset, but I think it's more about having a wing who can catch fire and shoot you into a lead. I believe Mario will be able to do the same thing.

Anyway slow offseason and Im thinking a year or two ahead, but I really like the way this roster is being built - superstar or not.

For what its worth...:

Hmmm.....Looks like Oladipo really loves L.A.......*waits for it*.

For what its worth...:

Hmmm.....Looks like Oladipo really loves L.A.......*waits for it*.

How bout a trade for deangelo. before Dipo bolts when the contract ends. We don't need another player who craves the bright lights. I get the vibe he wants those big lights. Though Russell seems the same type, so that might not be good either.

How bout a trade for deangelo. before Dipo bolts when the contract ends. We don't need another player who craves the bright lights. I get the vibe he wants those big lights. Though Russell seems the same type, so that might not be good either.

So guys, are we gonna over-react and then drive him out of Orlando? oh ok, cool.

You guys are way over-reacting. This is ridiculous.

On top of that, he's gonna have fans from Orlando just like you guys eventually driving him out because of this type of over-reaction.

Im just bored, not really serious. But if Dipo leaves because of fans reactions, then that is RIDICULOUS!

I feel like this whole board needs some kind of lecture about how "team control" works.

Oladipo literally cannot leave, under any circumstances, for three more years unless we trade him. He's been in the league for 2. And the odds that he'd turn down a long term extension after this season, when there's a good chance of a lost season in the near future, are about zero.

Chillax, bros. If you need comfort, you can always just find solace in my love benevolent indifference towards you.

WELLL..................Since there's nothing to talk about, lets talk about that 2016 draft!

We should be able to find...a diamond stone in the next year's draft to cement a future playoff berth. Coincidentally, I'm only being half metaphorical.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

Actually I really hope that when 2016 arrives, Magic fans aren't talking about, or even thinking about, the 2016 draft.