Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Russell's there Winslow's there and watch us take Turner as the board descend into chaos

In that scenario yea I'm selling my season tickets.

I'll buy them.

I sold most of them for this past season anyways. Man I couldn't even get half of face value most games last year. I remember the days when I could sell 6 of the big games and they would pay for almost the entire season tickets purchase price. Damn I miss having a good team.

If Philly takes Porzingis I'm going to flip out with joy. That would be a HUGE break for the Magic, who would be staring at Winslow as a sure thing unless the Knicks take him. And that would mean we would get Russell.

I'd be blown away if that happened. Just can't see it.

Just not feeling Winslow. I can't put my finger on it. He's just meh to me.

I sold most of them for this past season anyways. Man I couldn't even get half of face value most games last year. I remember the days when I could sell 6 of the big games and they would pay for almost the entire season tickets purchase price. Damn I miss having a good team.

Our team will be good. A little more patience.

Just not feeling Winslow. I can't put my finger on it. He's just meh to me.

Look at his numbers and film. Nothing meh about how he finished his college season. His numbers project to star levels in the NBA.

I don't really go by feelings or gut because that does not mean anything. I'm just looking at each prospects film and their stats and how those stats usually translate to the NBA based on history. Going by all that, Winslow appears to be a top 4 pick. He projects a lot better than I thought, as I too felt the same before I spent time going over his stats and film.

To make life easy - check out this rather entertaining review on Winslow - each link has clickable GIFs that show examples of what the author is talking about.

https://hoopsrambler.wordpress.com/2015/06/09/poetic-justise-dukes-justise-winslow/

Here is his review of Stanley Johnson -

https://hoopsrambler.wordpress.com/2015/06/10/stansquach-examining-arizonas-stanley-johnson/

I freaking love Stanley Johnson too. My god he could be a complete beast. I really think he may be a perfect fit for the Magic as well. It's a tough call between him and Winslow. Winslow has more athleticism and hop but Stanley has that Lebron size that ensures and 1s and ..something the Magic need - he draws fouls. It's almost impossible not to foul a guy this big when he picks up a head of steam.

Click the links in the article above for GIFs of all this stuff.

Wouldn't mind picking up Seraphin if we go small in the draft.

The improvements: Seraphin’s production was up after a dismal 2013-14 and tied a career high with 79 appearances. When he erred, coach Randy Wittman still stuck with him. Seraphin was in better shape (and missed fewer games), more disciplined with his position defense, avoided cheap fouls and made better reads with the ball. He wasn’t relied on as much during the postseason and didn’t have as much of an impact as he fell behind Drew Gooden in the rotation because of their small-ball opponents in the Toronto Raptors and Atlanta Hawks.

The next step: Seraphin has to show he can play well for prolonged minutes. No one knows exactly how that will turn out given how sketchy his playing time has been in Washington. He has made his share of mental errors, including in the playoffs when he was inserted during a game, had a play run for him and shot an airball and compounded it with a turnover on the next possession. But Seraphin can score in various ways with his jump hooks, mid-range jump shots and counter moves in the low post.

2014-15 grade: B.

2015-16 outlook: Seraphin will more than likely be out of D.C. He is an unrestricted free agent and wants an opportunity to play more and compete for the starting job. He won’t get that here, where Marcin Gortat is locked in as the starter, unless there’s a drastic roster overhaul. In the open market, he'll command more than the $3.9 million he made in his final season here. The Minnesota Timberwolves tried to poach him from the Wizards at the trade deadline.

http://www.csnwashin...-2014-15-season