Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Spent most of his career figuring out if he was a 3 or a 4, inconsistent shooter, good at everything but a far cry from an elite player.

Yeah. That's very possible. I hope he commits to the 4 spot. He has the potential to be a Blake Griffin type player. At least Tristan Thompson type.

He can play either and be fine. The thing about Odom is he played in a different NBA. This NBA finals features a "PF" who is smaller than Gordon and guards multiple positions. Getting caught up in who is a 3 or a 4 is old school thinking. It's more about matchups now on D and playing your game on offense.

He can play either and be fine. The thing about Odom is he played in a different NBA. This NBA finals features a "PF" who is smaller than Gordon and guards multiple positions. Getting caught up in who is a 3 or a 4 is old school thinking. It's more about matchups now on D and playing your game on offense.

Sure, according to matchup he can play multiple spots but he can't be all at once. Draymond starts at the 4. Blake starts at the 4. Marion played mostly at the 4 and Tristan starts at the 4. Just like to see him get stronger and start there. Move when a matchup presents itself.

NBA.com just released a list of the 2015 top free agents. There are quite a few guys on this list I'd welcome with open arms here in O-Town.

Draymond Green

Jimmy Butler

Kevin Love

Paul Milsap

just to name a few. Not sure how realistic any of those guys are. We'll have the $, just getting them here will be the magic act (pun intended).

My link

Yea these are obvious fantasy type names but of course we love them (minus Milsap)

Realistic names worth looking at:

DeMarre Carroll

Amir Johnson

Thaddeous Young

Iman Shumpert

Jeff Green

Wesley Matthews

Matthews could be a good value because of the injury, but also just terrible because of the injury.

Odom also had serious personal problems related to drugs and alcohol. Those things can definitely hamper on court performance and development. Aaron Gordon does not have those issues.

I think he could be like 2009 Odom but a better comparison is Sean Marion.

Sure, according to matchup he can play multiple spots but he can't be all at once. Draymond starts at the 4. Blake starts at the 4. Marion played mostly at the 4 and Tristan starts at the 4. Just like to see him get stronger and start there. Move when a matchup presents itself.

If it makes you happy to see him slotted as a PF then yes. But all I am saying is his game will be more like a SF's like Draymond plays.

Nothing wrong with that of course.

Let’s say we don’t use our capspace this summer for free-agents. Would you trade Frye for David Lee and Picks? Lee’s contract is only for 1 more season. He could be a good player off the bench or maybe a starter with limited minutes.

Let’s say we don’t use our capspace this summer for free-agents. Would you trade Frye for David Lee and Picks? Lee’s contract is only for 1 more season. He could be a good player off the bench or maybe a starter with limited minutes.

No. Lee fits nothing with the direction this team is going at all. And as a starter? Next to Vuch? Yikes. I'll take Frye coming off the bench over Lee everyday of the week for this team.

No. Lee fits nothing with the direction this team is going at all. And as a starter? Next to Vuch? Yikes. I'll take Frye coming off the bench over Lee everyday of the week for this team.

But Lee's contract is only for 1 more year. I agree with you, that Lee is not a long-term answer. But with this trade we could get some extra-picks. Also I think Lee could fit well with our 2nd unit (Dedmond and Lee).

Where are these Odom/Gordon comparisons coming from? I don't see it at all personally. I could see the Marion comparisons kind of, but even that's pushing it. He has a long long long long road of developing his offensive game to be good enough to justify being a starter in the NBA IMO.

Where are these Odom/Gordon comparisons coming from? I don't see it at all personally. I could see the Marion comparisons kind of, but even that's pushing it. He has a long long long long road of developing his offensive game to be good enough to justify being a starter in the NBA IMO.

He's a baby, even by today's standards. It's better to look at his first-year production like the days of straight-from-HS guys, given his age. Those guys could sometimes grow up fast, sometimes slow. I'm not saying he's a starter next year, but I'm not counting it out later in the season.

And I also don't really like the Odom comparison. Odom was never as quick or athletic as Gordon. The Marion comparison is better.