Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

FIRE JACQUE VAUGHN THREAD

Once in the use of a misquote is enough! We're adults are we not? I don't like to misquoted in the form I was, period and I won't tolerate it.

Holy crap. If we were firing brad Stevens and you wanted to hire Leonard Hamilton I'd be saying you were overreacting by trying to find a polar opposite coach.

My point was, you, like every other fan in every sport whose team fires a coach, is looking at the wrong things in our next coach.

Young, old, it doesn't matter. Just hire the coach that gives us the best chance to win. I hate old coaches because I've had to deal with stubborn coaches with antiquated views on the sport they coach like Bobby Bowden and Tom Coughlin. I'd prefer younger coaches who can be at the forefront of the sport rather than an older coach who tries to force his version of coaching into a game that has evolved beyond it.

I'm not gonna lie; I got a little hard when I saw this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12252913/orlando-magic-verge-firing-coach-jacque-vaughn-sources-say

Vaughn is a nice guy and he knows basketball, but he has no business coaching this team right now. We have way too much talent to have 15 wins. He needs a little more time as an assistant.

Holy crap. If we were firing brad Stevens and you wanted to hire Leonard Hamilton I'd be saying you were overreacting by trying to find a polar opposite coach.

My point was, you, like every other fan in every sport whose team fires a coach, is looking at the wrong things in our next coach.

Young, old, it doesn't matter. Just hire the coach that gives us the best chance to win. I hate old coaches because I've had to deal with stubborn coaches with antiquated views on the sport they coach like Bobby Bowden and Tom Coughlin. I'd prefer younger coaches who can be at the forefront of the sport rather than an older coach who tries to force his version of coaching into a game that has evolved beyond it.

Greg Popovich says Hi

Thibs interview with USA Today

Q: What about the idea that no one in the league pushes their players quite like you do? Do you even agree with that premise that has essentially become like gospel?

A: No. Listen, I've been around a long time. There are so many different ways to pace your team. Like everyone, (outsiders) look at minutes but they don't know what's going on in practice. They don't know how much contact you have (in practice). They don't know what your philosophy is in terms of days off. Is (practice) after back to backs? Is first day of a road trip? Is (practice) a day off after never more than three consecutive days? Whatever it might be, there's a lot that goes into it. But you also — if you're looking at performance and how you can get the best out of people — there's a reason why teams have success over a long period of time. You have to have core values. What do you believe in? Do you believe in hard work? Do you believe in discipline? Do you believe in conditioning? Because those are the things I know that do work.

So I'm not surprised if the play is up and down and it's been sporadic in terms of — can you practice or not practice? No, practice is important. The regular season is important. Your meetings are important. Your walk-through is important. Everything is important. You want to be a championship team, there's a price to pay. And that's what you have to do. There's no shortcuts. You can't shortcut your way to success.

http://www.usatoday....grets/22520951/

• Upvote 1