Years of Tragic and Magic

Jacque Vaughn Thread

42 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jacque Vaughn be fired this year?

• No, he is under contract.
    • No, he is a good coach.
    • No, he needs more players.
    • No, the Magic have always been loyal to a fault.
    • Yes, he will be the fall guy for our failures.
    • Yes, its a shame because he was a good coach.
    • Yes, he is a horrible coach.

http://ht.ly/H8Zd0

Players are sticking up for JV.

I will admit this is at least encouraging that he isn't losing the locker room and they're taking responsibility for their actions, but I don't think it's just hustle that they're all lacking. A general offensive system that is put in place by JV, and a leadership that asks certain things out of certain players who buy into a certain system.

It also makes me happy he's much more passionate behind the scenes than he is on the bench.

I will admit this is at least encouraging that he isn't losing the locker room and they're taking responsibility for their actions, but I don't think it's just hustle that they're all lacking. A general offensive system that is put in place by JV, and a leadership that asks certain things out of certain players who buy into a certain system.

It also makes me happy he's much more passionate behind the scenes than he is on the bench.

This is the kind of thing you always see from players just before the coach is fired. You don't really expect them to come out and say "We can't win a game because our coach sucks" do you?

That being said, I'll be surprised if he's fired before the end of the season. Pleasantly surprised.

Notice it is Harris and Vooch speaking up… To me, our two best players. If we end up losing Harris this summer, I think it'll be a terrible mistake.

Completely agree

Not sure I agree yet. Harris has some talent but I'm still not convinced his play translates to wins in relation to salary.

It's not just a simple proposition of "is harris good, if yes then pay him". It's a multifased question.

It's is harris good? Is Harris good for the future construction of our team? Does Harris' play correspond with the salary he wants? Are we able to get someone to replicate what Harris can do for less than what he's asking for? Can we get a player for the same money that is better than harris? Can we use his salary to sign multiple players that would be greater than an individual in Harris? And so on.

Is Harris good is an easy question to answer. Yes he is. The rest I keep bouncing back and forth with.

• Upvote 1

For me...Harris talks like 14 million, plays like 10 million.

Yep.

Players coming out speaking up for the coach.. yea we saw that happen before and the result was the same. The last coach to go through that was SVG.

On a serious note, if JV stays... he will save me money next year. No way I'm paying league pass to watch this after birth anymore.

For me...Harris talks like 14 million, plays like 10 million.

Yeah, not ready to call him a max player yet.

On JV, players say this all the time, I agree, but this sounds legit. We'll see what kind of energy they play with from here on out.

One thing I don't see on this team is someone who makes the players around him better. What I like about Gordon and Payton is they both have a chance to be that type player.

Agreed.

Realistically what we need to become a good team:

1. Payton needs to at least require the other team to defend him. Doesn't need to even be a good shooter, just one that hits enough wide open shots to require defense.

2. Oladipo needs to learn how to finish and/or pick his spots better. Dude gets to the rim better and more often than anyone we've had since McGrady. He just needs to start making his contested lay ups or learn to pass out of them more often. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a higher shooting percentage for elbow jumpers than lay ups.

3. Gordon needs to be healthy. It would help our depth and defense.

4. We need to upgrade our backup pg spot to someone who can hit a couple open shots per game and play good defense.

5. We need rim protection.