AddiFB

GAMETHREAD #1: Oct. 28th - Orlando Magic @ Pellies

18 members have voted

1. 1. Magic...

• win by less than 5 points
    • win by 6-10 points
    • win by 11-20 points
    • win by a 20+ point blowout
    • Lose. Who cares by how much.. It's an L! :( !!!!!
    • JUST WIN GUYS!
    • THERE'S A GAME TONIGHT?! SEASON OPENER!?!
    • I'm not a Magic fan. Why am I on here?
    • Pat Garrity

Vuc's game, in particular, was nice - being able to grab that many boards against a very good rebounding team is impressive. AND we're down two starters. AND they're a better team, if we're being honest here.

All in all? I'll live. Give the rookies some burn, let the team gel, take a step this year? I'm happy.

I know we're suppose to be a fast break team, but O'Quinn and Harris need to stop thinking they are pg's. I'll also feel that Harkless should've gotten the nod over Ben Gordon or at least gotten some pt.

It is what it is though. We're young, inexperience, and missing 2 key players.

I just don't know about JV's thought process.

Vuc's game, in particular, was nice - being able to grab that many boards against a very good rebounding team is impressive. AND we're down two starters. AND they're a better team, if we're being honest here.

All in all? I'll live. Give the rookies some burn, let the team gel, take a step this year? I'm happy.

It was nice to see him get 4 blocks as well(plus O'Quinn had 3). Davis had his way, but it's not like they'll be facing a frontcourt with Davis/Asik every night.

I was okay with how everything went except for 1. Even New Orleans should not kill us with offensive rebounds THAT much 2. Hitting a little bit of adversity and just letting it go in the fourth 3. All these freggin' turnovers. Most of them were plain careless. *stares at the head coach* So about that whole thing about maximizing your possessions.... 4. His name is Ryan Anderson. Two words.... SCOUTING REPORT~!

It's a long season and all, but I swear sometimes I feel like JV is just *too* laid back for this team.

But I was really pleased with how we were hanging in there for 2.75 quarters. :)/>

i agree. I was upset to see him smile in our lose. Stan would have whipped the team with words.

We won't be good looking until the second half of the season, assuming we get healthy.

People expect instant impact from rookies and instant magic to happen. It will not happen with one draft pick this year. You have to watch for flashes, and Payton and Gordon both displayed the ability to be stars in this league once they comfortable and their shots start to fall.

Payton - very comfortable running the show. This is the toughest position in basketball and the guy made some passes that were just unreal. For starting on opening night, this is very good. Stat nerds will argue his #s were not very impressive, but stat nerds don't have basketball eyes, that is why they cling to numbers so tightly. You have to watch for the potential, and Payton displayed that.

Gordon - got beat a few times, but his on ball defense is simply outstanding and on a level that I have not seen from a young player. Really like his rebounding and confidence out there considering everything.

If you ever want perspective on rookies, just go watch Dwight's first year with the Magic. You are going to see a guy who stat nerds would crucify, and basketball guys also would due to his awful footwork. He improved enough to take us to the Finals. So you have to keep perspective and see the big picture.

It's a long season and all, but I swear sometimes I feel like JV is just *too* laid back for this team.

i agree. I was upset to see him smile in our lose. Stan would have whipped the team with words.

I think he's trying to be a "players coach" a la Doc Rivers; I don't necessarily believe that he has to be as intense as SVG or even Pop, but even Doc Rivers would light a fire under his players butts if they appear to be slacking off or giving up.

And again, we had no business winning last nights game, but I understand that people are more upset at how we lost. I get it, we all wanted a competitive game. But 2 of our floor leaders are out and this is what people have to understand. If the fans were in charge of this franchise, we would have a new GM and new coach every year -- sometimes 2 a year.

Give us time, let us gel, let us get healthy.

If you ever want perspective on rookies, just go watch Dwight's first year with the Magic. You are going to see a guy who stat nerds would crucify

Why on Earth would you think this? Dwight had a PER of 17.2 as a 19 year old rookie, rebounded at a great rate, and was efficient, if unremarkably so, on offense. He had 7+ win shares.

"Stat nerds" loved him then.

Why on Earth would you think this? Dwight had a PER of 17.2 as a 19 year old rookie, rebounded at a great rate, and was efficient, if unremarkably so, on offense. He had 7+ win shares.

"Stat nerds" loved him then.

That's even better then. Because the current site I see stat nerds attacking our draft picks is for the exact same deficiencies Dwight had. Mainly FT% , TO % and shooting %.

PER - a whole different animal that is apparently ignored if it does not support the argument.

I will be very interested in Gordon's PER this year.

Not a single person here has mentioned Tobias performance at all? And people wonder why the media ignore him. Our own fans ignore him. 25 points on 50% shooting even with Anthony Davis matching up against him and 8 rebounds when Vuc is grabbing almost every board out there. The 4 TO's sucked but outside of that he was far and away the best player on the roster last night and no one is talking about it.

Not a single person here has mentioned Tobias performance at all? And people wonder why the media ignore him. Our own fans ignore him. 25 points on 50% shooting even with Anthony Davis matching up against him and 8 rebounds when Vuc is grabbing almost every board out there. The 4 TO's sucked but outside of that he was far and away the best player on the roster last night and no one is talking about it.

He really needs to be better on D

He really needs to be better on D

He most assuredly does, but seeing him be so efficient, attacking the rim and going at one of the most athletic defenders in the game was a great thing to watch. This team is filled right now with defenders that were not sure if their offensive game is ever gonna pan out. Having someone who looks ready to take the ball and shoulder the load on offense is a welcome sight if Tobias is ready to step up to the task.