Sign in to follow this  
VintageGarrity

Preseason Observations

I remember when people on 2k11 use to torch me with the Ben Gordon "is Legendary" glitch. You couldn't block his shot. Not even with a taller person. It was the most annoying thing about that game.

That's just how ben Gordon is, man

• Upvote 1

We allowed the Pacers to shoot just 38.3 %. It's the 2nd straight game we have kept a foe under 40% shooting from the floor.

It's just the preseason but still ... We were a plus-13 in with Paytons 25 min on floor.

C @NikolaVucevic on leading: "As 1 of the guys whose been here the longest I know how the system works & I’m trying to do stuff the right way."

More #Magic @NikolaVucevic on leading: "When the newer guys & younger guys see me do it (correctly), that’s more effective (than talking)."

#Magic Vooch on being leader: "They can expect me to do it right. I’m going to lead by example and be aggressive.."

In 2 games, tobias has 31 points, 15 reb and 7 assists in limited minutes. He's fulfilling promise to be a more complete player.

#Magic F @tobias31 on establishing an identity:"To us it’s not too early.Just cause it’s preseason doesn’t mean we’re gonna stop our effort"

#Magic PG @elfrid:"I try to instill in guy’s heads if they cut, I’ll get it to them. Every day I’m trying to do that & stay true 2 my words"

Just got home from a gig and missed the game. Sounds like we played well?

Yes another good solid game. It's just preseason I have to keep telling myself but you have to like the poise the young guys have shown. A Gordon got into early foul trouble but was solid on defense and had two dunks one on an alley oop from Tobes and a put back. He also made a circus style layup and a very nifty behind the back pass to Dedmon for a dunk. Payton was once again making things happen out there when he came in the Pacer's lead started to get whittled down. He was aggressive setting up guys and had some nice Tony Parker-esque floaters in the lane. I have wanted a true PG for this team for a long time and looks like we got a good one. Marble once again came in late and hit a big 3 to extend the lead, yet another Hennigan 2nd round gem.

Yes another good solid game. It's just preseason I have to keep telling myself but you have to like the poise the young guys have shown. A Gordon got into early foul trouble but was solid on defense and had two dunks one on an alley oop from Tobes and a put back. He also made a circus style layup and a very nifty behind the back pass to Dedmon for a dunk. Payton was once again making things happen out there when he came in the Pacer's lead started to get whittled down. He was aggressive setting up guys and had some nice Tony Parker-esque floaters in the lane. I have wanted a true PG for this team for a long time and looks like we got a good one. Marble once again came in late and hit a big 3 to extend the lead, yet another Hennigan 2nd round gem.

Hennigan is a wizard. Should we make the playoffs this year, I wouldn't be surprised if Rob is up for GM of the year. Obviously we have to temper expectations, but my goodness these two games have made me excited about this season, if not at the very least the future in general. They're becoming a team that I can root for, even if they don't win. They play basketball the right way. Just... lovin' it.

Little underwhelmed by Fournier in this last game. He didn't really do anything, kept getting stuffed at the rim and struggled to find open looks. I actually thought Ben Gordon out played him in this game.

Really impressed by Aaron, he played very good defense and had a few highlight real plays.

Little underwhelmed by Fournier in this last game. He didn't really do anything, kept getting stuffed at the rim and struggled to find open looks. I actually thought Ben Gordon out played him in this game.

Really impressed by Aaron, he played very good defense and had a few highlight real plays.

I got to agree with you. Fournier looks like he is forcing it.

Aaron Gordon played very well, he played within himself and that behind the back pass to Dedmon looked like he had been in the league for years. Elfrid is a stud. Harkless I had not been a fan of, but he looks so much better out there than the last two seasons, he has a new confidence about him. We better lock up Vucevic and Harris because both of them will have huge seasons. Vucevic is dominating on offence and Tobias looks like he is a pure SF out there, looks a lot quicker out there than last year.

Payton is now +22 on the court in two games.

His efforts don't always show up in the stats but we build leads with him on the floor.

Lets all come down and wait for the first 10 games of the regular season. Yes, they've been impressive.

What we should consider is that there's much more pressure when the games count. The worry about seeding, b2bs, preparation, travel, and opponent is quite taxing. for six months. I want to see how this core endures the challenge.