CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Mack, thanks for posting...Tier 3 has exactly 3 players in it for those that don't have insider...Winslow, Mario and WCS...Yep, that's right, the same 3 guys most associated with the Magic...I guess you'd have to consider Mario and Winslow reaches at 5 since most think WCS is if picked at that spot ...With 2 of the top 5 players being PG's and most here thinking we already have our PG of the future will be real interesting to see what Henny does.

I looked back at some of the ones Ford has done previously. Interesting points of reference...

2008 Draft

Tier 2 :: Jerryd Bayless and OJ Mayo

Tier 3 :: Westbrook, Love, Brook Lopez, Eric Gordon, Gallinari, DJ Augustin, Anthony Randolph, and Joe Alexander

2009 Draft

Tier 2 :: James Harden, Ricky Rudio, Thabeet

Tier 3 :: Steph Curry, DeRozan, Tyreke Evans, Jrue Holiday, Jordan Hill, Jonny Flynn

2010 Draft

Couldn't Find.

2011 Draft

Tier 2 :: Kyrie and Derrick Williams

Tier 3 :: Kawhi Leonard, Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker, Enes Kanter, Jonas Valanciunas, Jan Vesely

2012 Draft

Tier 2 :: Harrison Barnes, Bradley Beal, MKG, Thomas Robinson

Tier 3 :: Drummond, Lillard, Waiters

2013 Draft

Tier 2 :: None

Tier 3 :: Bennett, Len, McLemore, Noel, Oladipo, Porter

2014 Draft

Tier 2 :: Exum, Gordon, Randle, Saric, Smart, Vonleh

Tier 3 :: Gary Harris, McDermott, Stauskas

Mack, thanks for posting...Tier 3 has exactly 3 players in it for those that don't have insider...Winslow, Mario and WCS...Yep, that's right, the same 3 guys most associated with the Magic...I guess you'd have to consider Mario and Winslow reaches at 5 since most think WCS is if picked at that spot ...With 2 of the top 5 players being PG's and most here thinking we already have our PG of the future will be real interesting to see what Henny does.

Porzingis is most associated with the Magic honestly.

That's illogical. That's like saying we want to draft a point guard. Russell and Mudiay are taken so we move on to Cameron Payne and it's not a reach because we don't have the 14th pick. It doesn't make any sense.

Sorry that you don't understand the logic, maybe I didn't word it right. A reach in the draft is basically an opinion.

IMO to get the best guy available to fill the position you want to fill the most should not be considered a reach, it should be considered a success regardless of where sportswriters say that person should be picked. If we badly needed a PG and Payne was the best available at our pick, do we not take a PG because some sportswriters said he should go #14?

If Henny wants a rim protecting big and Towns, Okafor, and KP are already gone then taking WCS at #5 is the logical move unless he has determined that there is a better rim protector out there.

Anyone who takes Ford's analysis as gospel is an idiot. Dude is more wrong than right, and he's there to just hype up the draft to get ratings for espn and the event. Always take his analysis with a grain of salt.

• Upvote 1

Anyone who takes Ford's analysis as gospel is an idiot. Dude is more wrong than right, and he's there to just hype up the draft to get ratings for espn and the event. Always take his analysis with a grain of salt.

Agreed...Having said that anyone who wants to listen have at it...I'm to lazy...Let us all know what was said.

http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/dan-dakich-show/audio-demand

Sorry that you don't understand the logic, maybe I didn't word it right. A reach in the draft is basically an opinion.

IMO to get the best guy available to fill the position you want to fill the most should not be considered a reach, it should be considered a success regardless of where sportswriters say that person should be picked. If we badly needed a PG and Payne was the best available at our pick, do we not take a PG because some sportswriters said he should go #14?

If Henny wants a rim protecting big and Towns, Okafor, and KP are already gone then taking WCS at #5 is the logical move unless he has determined that there is a better rim protector out there.

I don't think wcs will be a reach at 5, I just don't think he's worth the fifth pick, or sixth or 9th. I think he belongs in the same area as Turner.

But your philosophy is troubling. You should NEVER draft a player based on positional need. You should always draft based on talent. Some of the worst draft blunders are made drafting for need. Drafting for need made Portland pass on Jordan.

That's why it's dumb to go into a draft and say "I'm looking for X" the only time that is appropriate is if you're filling gaps for a championship run. Otherwise you take talent every single time.

According to ESPN and AP NBA reporter Chris Sheridan, now of Sheridanhoops.com, if Duke big man Jahlil OKafor is elected in the top-three “somebody is going to take the No. 4 pick from the Knicks.”

Sheridan’s “educated guess” is that the two teams the Knicks will be talking closely with are the 76ers and the Celtics, reports CBS Philly. This year the Sixers own the No. 3 overall pick and five second-round draft picks. Next year, the Sixers will likely have four first-round picks (three protected) plus nine second-round picks from other teams from 2016-2020.

The Knicks don’t own a pick in the first round of the 2016 NBA draft and are without a second-round pick in 2015, 2016 and 2018. Both the 76ers and Celtics have a lot to bargain with.

While speculation is the Sixers will be deciding between guards D’Angelo Russell and Emmanuel Mudiay at No. 3, maybe Hinkie can snag pick No. 4 and draft both of them?

I'm not buying this.

I looked back at some of the ones Ford has done previously. Interesting points of reference...

2008 Draft

Tier 2 :: Jerryd Bayless and OJ Mayo

Tier 3 :: Westbrook, Love, Brook Lopez, Eric Gordon, Gallinari, DJ Augustin, Anthony Randolph, and Joe Alexander

2009 Draft

Tier 2 :: James Harden, Ricky Rudio, Thabeet

Tier 3 :: Steph Curry, DeRozan, Tyreke Evans, Jrue Holiday, Jordan Hill, Jonny Flynn

2010 Draft

Couldn't Find.

2011 Draft

Tier 2 :: Kyrie and Derrick Williams

Tier 3 :: Kawhi Leonard, Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker, Enes Kanter, Jonas Valanciunas, Jan Vesely

2012 Draft

Tier 2 :: Harrison Barnes, Bradley Beal, MKG, Thomas Robinson

Tier 3 :: Drummond, Lillard, Waiters

If you look at 2008-2012 (excluding 2010), only 2 of the 11 Tier-2 players have been All-Stars. Meanwhile, 8 of the 23 Tier-3 players have been All-Stars. Granted, Tier 3 is a bigger pool, but maybe this shows that there isn't necessarily the drop off between these two tiers that scouts/fans seem to think there is. Seems there is just as great of under-performing as a "Tier-2" player as there is over-performing as a "Tier-3" player.

All that to say, if Mudiay is still on the board as the lone remaining "Tier-2" player, I don't think going into the Tier-3 pool for Mario, Winslow, or WCS is necessarily a reach.

[/size]

According to ESPN and AP NBA reporter Chris Sheridan, now of Sheridanhoops.com, if Duke big man Jahlil OKafor is elected in the top-three “somebody is going to take the No. 4 pick from the Knicks.”

Sheridan’s “educated guess” is that the two teams the Knicks will be talking closely with are the 76ers and the Celtics, reports CBS Philly. This year the Sixers own the No. 3 overall pick and five second-round draft picks. Next year, the Sixers will likely have four first-round picks (three protected) plus nine second-round picks from other teams from 2016-2020.

The Knicks don’t own a pick in the first round of the 2016 NBA draft and are without a second-round pick in 2015, 2016 and 2018. Both the 76ers and Celtics have a lot to bargain with.

While speculation is the Sixers will be deciding between guards D’Angelo Russell and Emmanuel Mudiay at No. 3, maybe Hinkie can snag pick No. 4 and draft both of them?

The Knicks are trying to win now. There is nothing Philly could give them to help them do that. I don't think the Celtics have much to offer either in that area.

Apparently Porzingis is spending the second straight day in Orlando.

Dang, when Henny has a chub for a guy he let's the whole world know about it. Unless KP is actually the smokescreen.