CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Does anyone think Hennigan will try to make a play for the Lakers #2 pick? Is the talent level/ceiling/likelihood of reaching that ceiling that much better for him than for players at 5?

Does anyone think Hennigan will try to make a play for the Lakers #2 pick? Is the talent level/ceiling/likelihood of reaching that ceiling that much better for him than for players at 5?

The only player I think worth trading up for is Towns and he will likely be gone by then.

Also the price tag will be very high for that pick. Likely cost us Vuch which is too much for an unknown quantity.

• Upvote 1

The only player I think worth trading up for is Towns and he will likely be gone by then.

Also the price tag will be very high for that pick. Likely cost us Vuch which is too much for an unknown quantity.

Maybe we can give back the pick they owe us. Kinda like philly deal.

After listening to John Denton on the radio today, I started thinking, "What if we traded the pick for a veteran(s)?"

Think about it...Yeah, we got some vets already but nothing really that helpful. No one you can, or should plug into the starting lineup. Maybe, for the right piece, we should be looking for a not so old, but not so young starter who's established who can help this young lineup out and can really propel us to a playoff contending team.

I know we wouldn't be landing a Durant type of player but maybe a David West (younger version, not present) or a Caron Butler like player (again, younger, not present).

I will never understand why anyone would say "He's like Deandre Jordan" like it's a remotely good thing.

If somehow we could get Deandre Jordan away from the Clippers and sign him right now on a rookie contract im sure you would be singing a different tune.

If somehow we could get Deandre Jordan away from the Clippers and sign him right now on a rookie contract im sure you would be singing a different tune.

Despite persistent narrative from doc rivers, Jordan isn't all that great

After listening to John Denton on the radio today, I started thinking, "What if we traded the pick for a veteran(s)?"

Think about it...Yeah, we got some vets already but nothing really that helpful. No one you can, or should plug into the starting lineup. Maybe, for the right piece, we should be looking for a not so old, but not so young starter who's established who can help this young lineup out and can really propel us to a playoff contending team.

I know we wouldn't be landing a Durant type of player but maybe a David West (younger version, not present) or a Caron Butler like player (again, younger, not present).

It was Boston's number 5 pick that got them Ray Allen, right?

It was Boston's number 5 pick that got them Ray Allen, right?

Yup. Boston traded the rights of Jeff Green, selected number 5, Wally Szczerbiak, Delonte West for Ray Allen and the rights of Glen Davis who was selected with the 35th pick in the same draft.

For me, it makes more sense to go that route if we want to start talking about playoffs.

I missed the interview. Anything good?