CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Unfortunately rumors this time of year usually mean squat. Makes following them a bit disheartening

Last year, not a single mock-draft had us taking Aaron Gordon at #4.

I'm hoping for any of the typical draft potentials that have been discussed, but I wouldn't even blink if we ended up choosing Stanley Johnson, who is a consensus 7-10 pick. You can't trust anything that is being leaked to the media these days.

Ive said it a few times, but Stanley would not surprise me too much either. I just think Winslow projects to a bigger star.

This draft is so deep that SJ falling to the Heat at 10 could happen and would be a major score for them.

I feel like Evan is our most underrated player honestly. Him and Mario next to each other would be very similar but it would be a ton of shooting.

They both initiate from the top of the key. Mario could be a better version of Evan but he could be a massive cancer too. It's a tough call.

Evan is for sure our most underrated player. It's funny, you hear the words "youth" and "potential" on here so much it will make you nauseous; but yet you never hear people referring to Evan. I was probably the most excited person on here when we traded for him. I think he has as a ton of potential and even Skiles made a point to include his name when talking about our back court. But, again, it goes back to my "if a player is a great dunker and athlete" they instantly have more potential, that's why Fournier get's lost in the shuffle.

Ive said it a few times, but Stanley would not surprise me too much either. I just think Winslow projects to a bigger star.

This draft is so deep that SJ falling to the Heat at 10 could happen and would be a major score for them.

I would be really upset if SJ fell to the Heat, but equally wouldn't be surprised at all.

WCS has health issues, lol

Henny on the clock..,His last year to improve the win total or he's toast.

Can't wait to see what he does to fix this unbalanced roster he has created.

I don't get this attitude at all. Rob has done a fantastic job purging what was an abomination of a team. Rob's success has nothing to do with the team's W-L record at this stage in a rebuild. It could be argued we should have won less these last couple years.

So if the media can be believed the Wolves have told KAT he's their guy and the Lakers are pretty set on Okafor. I can't see Philly passing on Russell, especially for a player in Porzingis who, it seems, they haven't been able to get in for a visit. The Knicks are the wild card, they could go one of a few ways including trading down but if they stay put I don't think they take Porzingis so if he's our guy we have a pretty good shot at him. If the Knicks trade out I'd say the team that moves up will want Porzingis and we get our pick of Winslow and Hezonja. My prediction is:

1. Towns

2. Okafor

3. Russell

4. Winslow

5. Porzingis

6. Mudiay

7. Hezonja

8. Johnson

9. Booker

I think Rob has done a good job as well, but I do agree that the roster he's put together is currently unbalanced. Which is why drafting another prospect who hasn't shown to be a good shooter or offensive player is so unappealing to me. But I can only hope that it signals a willingness of Hennigan's to trade some of the players we do have in order to improve the team.

He tried to help balance the team with Frye's shooting last season, but for all he brought to the table on the offensive end stretching the floor, he wasn't a good fit next to Vucevic on the defensive end. That's the trouble with our current roster. We probably need a blend of offense/defense in our front court and back court. Going all offense no defense in the front court and all defense no offense in our back court probably isn't a recipe for success.

I don't get this attitude at all. Rob has done a fantastic job purging what was an abomination of a team. Rob's success has nothing to do with the team's W-L record at this stage in a rebuild. It could be argued we should have won less these last couple years.

BJ trolls hard when he posts and take shots at Rob at any opportunity. His negativity after last years draft was so brutally bad that I believe he was asked to leave for a while. He overly hypes any Kentucky player and then will bash the Magic if they don't draft him.

His usual go to is to post positive articles about Kentucky players and negative articles about the Magic.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know who the Knicks have had in for workouts?

Mudiay, Russell, Porzingis (today), WCS, Winslow (twice), Kaminsky, Looney, Lyles

BJ trolls hard when he posts and take shots at Rob at any opportunity. His negativity after last years draft was so brutally bad that I believe he was asked to leave for a while. He overly hypes any Kentucky player and then will bash the Magic if they don't draft him.

His usual go to is to post positive articles about Kentucky players and negative articles about the Magic.

Scott Anez had Henny on his show not to long after the season was over and to his credit admitted if the win total didn't start improving he should be the fall guy and he said that is the way it should be.

He said he was disappointed in the wins himself.

The problem for Henny is with all these holes we have I don't know if it can be fixed in 1 summer.