CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Mike Schmitz also has some questions about Winslow too

he ranks him 9th

Mike Schmitz

‏@Mike_Schmitz

My Top 10 Overall Prospects (without team needs): Towns, Okafor, Hezonja, Porzingis, Mudiay, Russell, WCS, Stanley, Justise, Kaminsky

Sounds about right. I also have Hezonja at 3 but I'd put Porzingis behind Russell and Mudiay (without team needs as well)

I will not be back peddling. I don't like Porzingis and hope we don't get him. I like the shooting but that is about it. I don't see the athleticism or defensive awareness.

I have come around some on WCS. I have seen some promising things when it comes to shooting and offense.

So you can't see athleticism in a 7 footer who can shoot off screens while on the move? Im sorry but no.

"The 7-foot Latvian big man is now being projected as high as No. 2 to the Los Angeles Lakers, according to EPSN's Marc Stein, and has impressed scouts with size, fluid athleticism and shooting stroke from the three-point range."

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/13/8775675/kristaps-porzingis-had-an-amazing-workout-against-no-one

After seeing Porzingis movement I can't see how the Magic don't take a shot at this guy at 5 if he is there. The best way to beat small ball lineups is to run a 7 footer out there who can move right with the smaller guys AND shoot over them and block their shots.

The guy is worth the risk at pick 5. Extremely impressive workout video honestly.

Orlando can always sign a physical 4 to put in against big lineups so I'm not that concerned there.

If Porzingis is gone, Winslow will be there or Mudiay will be there. So Orlando is in great shape for getting the potential star everybody is asking for.

How does this differ from Frye last year? And then we put in the physical Dedmon or O'Quinn last year to help Vuch when people waltzed through the middle on Vuch/Frye; how did that work out?

Memories seem to be very short.

How does this differ from Frye last year? And then we put in the physical Dedmon or O'Quinn last year to help Vuch when people waltzed through the middle on Vuch/Frye; how did that work out?

Memories seem to be very short.

we have a new coach you know.

I hope the Magic trade this pick for a vet. There is not a player in this draft that will help the Magic make the playoffs. With that said it's kinda scary because although Rob has drafted well he missed in free agency. Maybe we should give the draft credit to Scott Perry? Personally I would love them to trade it for a center and move Vuc to 4. A nice shot blocker/rebounder along with experience and a voice in the locker room would help allot more than another 19/20 year old rookie.

I hope the Magic trade this pick for a vet. There is not a player in this draft that will help the Magic make the playoffs. With that said it's kinda scary because although Rob has drafted well he missed in free agency. Maybe we should give the draft credit to Scott Perry? Personally I would love them to trade it for a center and move Vuc to 4. A nice shot blocker/rebounder along with experience and a voice in the locker room would help allot more than another 19/20 year old rookie.

A rookie might not make a huge difference this year, but in five years, we'll all have rather taken one of these guys instead of trading the pick for a serviceable big. If getting to the playoffs in the short term is the goal, that's the move to make. If winning a championship in the future is the goal, you need to take a shot at a star in the draft.

Not sure where exactly he is in the state but Justise Winslow just tweeted this:

@IAmJustise:

Sunshine State

we have a new coach you know.

Yeah, and I'm very pleased about that, but we need to give him as much as we can to work with. If Porz is solid defensively, then that's fine, but the idea that we can just pair two big men together is what I had concerns about, given last year.