CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

the thing about WCS is there is a limited downside.

At worst he is going to be a good rim defender which is a major plus

his downside is probably deandre jordan-esque. rim protector that finishes lobs and is active on the glass.

the downside of porzingis and some of these other guys is gigantic

if magic pick WCS i won't fault them for it.

if they pick porzingis we all have a right to be skeptical the hype is a little too much, there's a euro guy every year that gets massive hype.

winslow is just another tweener, we have enough of those here.

Something I've thought of too. While I would think his floor would be Dwayne Dedmon, he moves better laterally than Dedmon does and has a naturally bigger frame.

Mudiay, WCS, Mario, or Winslow - any of them would be gold for this budding core.

At this point I'm willing to trade down to the 8th or 9th spot.

I'm not in love with Winslow and I think WCS is at best fool's gold. Maybe we go to the 8th spot and take Mario or Johnson. At least one of them should be there for the taking

Something funny about the new Zach Lowe article

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/whats-next-for-kevin-love/

holy ***** the draymond green worship is out of control

i acknowledge that he's an excellent defender but offensively he takes alot of bad shots, isn't a good shooter and turns the ball over too much.

i would take a healthy kevin love over him any time

holy ***** the draymond green worship is out of control

i acknowledge that he's an excellent defender but offensively he takes alot of bad shots, isn't a good shooter and turns the ball over too much.

i would take a healthy kevin love over him any time

The point that he makes is that it depends on the situation. The Warriors wouldn't trade Draymond for Love straight up, and they would be right not to, in my opinion.

If you're a smaller team that needs a go to guy, then I think Love would be a much better player for you (Celtics or some other team).

I think I've said for like 3 months now it's Winlsow/Mario or bust for me. I would throw Stanley Johnson in there as well, but I think we could easily trade down 1,2 maybe even 3 spots and still get him. WCS is another guy I wouldn't hate, but I wouldn't get excited about.

To get this Magic fan to jump out of his seat on draft night (something none of you, nor Rob gives a rats ass about) we would have to draft Mario or Winslow. To get me to clap and get a little excited, Stanley Johnson. To get a golf clap out of me, WCS.

I honestly haven't formed an opinion on Turner yet, but I do know I'm not high on him at 5. And I really don't think the Magic are going to trade back. They got their coach, have a core, they're going to draft the BPA at 5 that can help us win and build for the future. To much talent at 5 to trade back IMO.

The only scenario where I would be on board with a trade back is if Mudiay falls past 4 and some team gets crazy and throws us a home-run deal.

the thing about WCS is there is a limited downside.

At worst he is going to be a good rim defender which is a major plus

his downside is probably deandre jordan-esque. rim protector that finishes lobs and is active on the glass.

the downside of porzingis and some of these other guys is gigantic

if magic pick WCS i won't fault them for it.

if they pick porzingis we all have a right to be skeptical the hype is a little too much, there's a euro guy every year that gets massive hype.

winslow is just another tweener, we have enough of those here.

That's what I've been saying about WCS. I wouldn't hate the pick.

I don't think of Winslow as a tweener though. I get what you are saying, but gordon and Harris are more true tweeners.

Winslow just plays bigger than he is. A lot of guys do that. Go look at his film and how nasty he is posting up guys on the block. I was skeptical too about his size, but I watched a bunch of his film the past few days, looked at his numbers and I think he would be a fantastic pick for this team.

The league seems to be getting smaller and more athletic. It works. The Warrios and Cavs are both playing small with a big at 5. I think that the Magic would do that too. If Gordon can hit his ceiling and Oladipo can become a more efficient scorer, the Magic would be filthy with Winslow at SF. I already know Elf will get better and better. I watched him do just that in one season with pretty bad coaching. He will become a complete stud under Skiles.

Winslow has that 2 way player potential and I like it And that's what drew me to Stanley Johnson earlier in year and what makes me think he'd be a great fit as well. We desperately need guys like Gordon and Oladipo to develop into those types of players also, but I think they can do it under Skiles.

There is also that chance that we take Mudiay and just keep him. Imagine that. We already need another PG anyway. He has that John Wall potential. I like his shot. It is not busted or bad. I think he just needs to work with our shooting coach and get better. He also can play SG. It will be interesting to see how Rob believes is the best player available.

I don't see how Winslow is a tweener. He has the size to be a successful SF in the league and I really don't think that's a question. Who else is a tweener on our team other than AG? Payton is a PG, Dipo is a SG, Vuch is a C. I guess you could say Harris but there's a good chances he isn't eve on the team next season. Furthermore, tweeners work in today's NBA. Positions are less defined than ever these days.

That's what I've been saying about WCS. I wouldn't hate the pick.

I guess it all depends on what we see future wise of AG. Can he develop the outside shot and play the 3 or is he going to play the 4? I really want WCS as the pick but I would be fine with Winslow. I say WCS first because finding a big man with his defensive abilities is extremely hard to find. Elite defensive athleticism and build who is developing the 12-15 footer would be huge for Vuc to play next to.

I guess it all depends on what we see future wise of AG. Can he develop the outside shot and play the 3 or is he going to play the 4? I really want WCS as the pick but I would be fine with Winslow. I say WCS first because finding a big man with his defensive abilities is extremely hard to find. Elite defensive athleticism and build who is developing the 12-15 footer would be huge for Vuc to play next to.

Agreed, I think Aaron Gordon's fit may play a part where Orlando drafts. If they see him as a SF I feel Porzingis is the pick and if they see him as a PF I believe Winslow or Hezonja will be the pick with Johnson being the wildcard. I wouldn't be against a starting five of Vucevic, Gordon, Johnson, Oladipo, and Payton

Scout are starting to compare him to a bigger Serge Ibaka. Interesting... Henni will know best because of the Thunder relationship

So based off of comparisons, WCS is a mix of Dwight Howard, Serge Ibaka and Tyson Chandler. So we've now successfully created what should be the greatest big man of all time. Why is he not going #1?

It just seems like the same thing every year to me. The media, "Scouts", and fans hype up the big men and compare them to the best bigs in the league, and than they end up being busts or never coming close to meeting those comparisons.

• Upvote 3

I understand what you are saying, but we have to accept the reality that we will probably not draft a star at 5.

For whatever it's worth, there was a pretty good run from 2000-2010 for #5 picks. Only two were straight busts and three actually became stars. the other 5 had solid NBA careers to varying degrees. The last four years hasn't been too kind to the #5 pick, but it's still too soon to say what all of their careers will look like. So yes, we probably won't draft a star at 5. But it's also not that uncommon historically.

2000 - Mike Miller - Solid NBA Career

2001 - Jason Richardson - Solid NBA Career

2002 - Nikoloz Tskitishvili - Bust

2003 - Dwayne Wade - STAR

2004 - Devin Harris - Solid NBA Career

2005 - Raymond Felton- Solid NBA Career

2006 - Shelden Williams - Bust

2007 - Jeff Green- Solid NBA Career

2008 - Kevin Love - STAR

2009 - Ricky Rubio- Solid NBA Career

2010 - DeMarcus Cousins - STAR