CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

For clarification, im not saying wcs shouldn't be drafted, I'm saying I'd rather have Russell, Mudiay (who I hate), Winslow, Porzingis, Hezonja, and probably Stanley Johnson. Less risk

For clarification, im not saying wcs shouldn't be drafted, I'm saying I'd rather have Russell, Mudiay (who I hate), Winslow, Porzingis, Hezonja, and probably Stanley Johnson. Less risk

Hang on - less risk to draft Mudiay or Porzingis? LOL

Hang on - less risk to draft Mudiay or Porzingis? LOL

Ok. Poor choice of words.

There's a greater payoff/risk ratio with Mudiay and Porzingis vs wcs. The risk is similar but the success is greater.

There's a greater payoff/risk ratio with Mudiay and Porzingis vs wcs. The risk is similar but the success is greater.

I see it as:

WCS - low risk: medium reward

Zinger: - high risk: high reward

Mudiay: - medium risk: high reward

That's 100% false. Gordon becomes pointless? Where do you come up with this stuff? lol. He is 20 years old. You expect the guy to log 35 minutes a game next season? If you want that to happen, the reality is the Magic get a 5 like WCS who can protect the rim and then Gordon is a perfect fit right next to him.

Vuc could become tradeable if WCS delivers on D as expected.That frees up tons of minutes for Gordon. But no matter what happens right now, it is premature to look at Gordon as a starter. He's too young and he only played half the season last year.

good young players can start early. Howard did... it helps with development. Vuch is our best player and he wants to be here. I don't see us moving him.

Im with you on Mudiay. I can't shake the feeling that he's Andrew Harrison who avoided getting exposed by playing in China.

I don't necessarily want to trade VUC but if we were going to trade him we could probably trade him to NY for the 4th pick and take Winslow/Mario and WCS back to back.

Lineup:

EP

Oladipo

Mario/Winslow

AG/Tobias

WCS

Literally the only thing that bothers me about WCS is his toughness. He's thin, and he's athletic, and he's finesse. There are big differences between him now and Tyson Chandler now. That said, It took a while for Chandler to be able to handle the NBA beatings down low as well. His defensive skill-set is elite, but I want to see him up against the big boys and not wilt. That is the risk with WCS. It's something that won't be a huge problem, especially if he's guarding 4's mostly, to keep Vuc near the rim for rebounding; but it's something to be aware of.

You need to watch the Warriors play and see why they have the #1 rated defense in the NBA. They ALL switch. All of them.

To say there are 5 players on the court to guard the 5 positions is completely wrong if you are looking at it from modern NBA defense. They simply do not assign a man to a man anymore. Not how it works.

It's why WCS is called the best defender in this draft. He is not a 0 on offense. That's just lazy analysis. He is excellent at running the floor and running the pick and roll.

And I think there are multiple needs. Not just one. But rim protection is right up there and it's harder to find.

But the only guy on GSW that could feasibly guard all five positions is Draymond Green. They switch a lot, and he is a lynchpin of that, but you mostly never see Bogut guarding PGs or Curry guarding post players. In general, wings are still guarding wings and posts are guarding posts, with Green as the swing man and Barnes the usual small ball 4. Plus, I would argue it is as much scheme, effort, and IQ that makes their defense great than individual ability, if not more.

Alright, he can ruin and jump. So maybe he is not a complete zero on offense, just mostly a zero. He still can only score from one spot on the floor, can't get there with the ball, and did not do it with any volume in college. He still occupies the same space on offense that basically every player we have occupies, further increasing spacing woes.

I just don't see it. I don't see the need on defense, and I don't see the uses in offense, and I don't see the value in the draft board

But the only guy on GSW that could feasibly guard all five positions is Draymond Green. They switch a lot, and he is a lynchpin of that, but you mostly never see Bogut guarding PGs or Curry guarding post players. In general, wings are still guarding wings and posts are guarding posts, with Green as the swing man and Barnes the usual small ball 4. Plus, I would argue it is as much scheme, effort, and IQ that makes their defense great than individual ability, if not more.

Alright, he can ruin and jump. So maybe he is not a complete zero on offense, just mostly a zero. He still can only score from one spot on the floor, can't get there with the ball, and did not do it with any volume in college. He still occupies the same space on offense that basically every player we have occupies, further increasing spacing woes.

I just don't see it. I don't see the need on defense, and I don't see the uses in offense, and I don't see the value in the draft board

Well you are wrong.

Here is the evidence :

http://espn.go.com/blog/golden-state-warriors/post/_/id/650/the-warriors-defensive-revolution

I think the risk is higher with those 2 compared to WCS. I believe WCS is going to provide rim protection worse case. Worse case the Magic have 2 7 footers who can play together (I went over this in prior posts).

But yes, the payoff is greater with both Porzingis and Mudiay for sure.

Porzingis could easily be the Magic's guy as well. If Chad Ford was not so sure on it, I'd be more confident. But Chad Ford is mainly full of ****.