CTMagicUK

Official 2015 Draft Thread

Ok....Now that Ive caught up I will flood the board. If this kid is so great why is he burried on the bench? Talent ALWAYS outweighs ego.

they did it because they have a seniority system and politics. They also try to hide talent. He also guns and does not run the offensive system. Saying all this, I still want Mario. We actually need 3 pt gunning. He has the talent. He fits with skill. Worst case Jr smith. best case clay Thompson.

After reading the last 10 pages it looks like Mario is our pick. I'd be happy with that because this team needs shooting and attitude, he has them both. That being said I'm sure Henny will come out of left field with something none of us see coming.

they did it because they have a seniority system and politics. They also try to hide talent. He also guns and does not run the offensive system. Saying all this, I still want Mario. We actually need 3 pt gunning. He has the talent. He fits with skill. Worst case Jr smith. best case clay Thompson.

Right.

I figure many of you guys played at least some level of competitive basketball in your life.

At any point did you or someone else ignore the play, put your head down, and drive to the basket our throw up a pretty audacious shot?

Coach pulls you out. You don't play anymore.

That's what happens with mario.

Now, the good thing about drafting Payton and Oladipo and Gordon is we now have a good character base for our franchise. We can afford to take a chance on a headache. He won't turn the locker room. Those three will get him to practice. Those three will get him to play defense. I'm not worried about character in this draft.

Care to share the evidence?

Two tweets in 2010:

Jonathan Givony

‏@DraftExpress

I owe Rob Hennigan dinner, dammit. He was right about Miroslav Raduljica not getting drafted. Dude got his wish. Being a dick works I guess.

followed by

Update on Rob Hennigan/Raduljica bet: Rob refuses Tex-Mex dinner offer, shockingly insists on In'n'out burger at Vegas summer league. Sucker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qLNQ1RuIE4&feature=player_embedded

This video also shows them on friendly terms.

And Romero Osby

Take a look at Osby's mock draft history heading into the draft (61 I believe just indicates he was to be undrafted):

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Romero-Osby-1282/mock-draft-history/

Jeff Goodman

‏@GoodmanESPN

Romero Osby (shocker) went No. 51 to Orlando.

DraftExpress: Exactly where he was projected to get drafted on the DX mock Tooooo easy. RT @GoodmanESPN Romero Osby (shocker) went No. 51 to Orlando.

Jeff Goodman

‏@GoodmanESPN

@DraftExpress Damn. That's unreal. Heck of a call.

This just kind of illustrates how unexpected it was for us to pick Osby which shows how unlikely it is that Givony just guessed we'd draft him.

Also I'm sure at the time I saw Givony actually tweeted he got a tip on the Osby drafting but I can't find it now so who knows if I made that up or not.

Mario and Justice are my two favorite players.

At 5 these are my two "favorite" players, though I have zero idea what the Hen-Master will deliver.

At 5 these are my two "favorite" players, though I have zero idea what the Hen-Master will deliver.

Would have loved to land Towns by winning the lottery but the good news is we should be able to fill our biggest need by having all the top wings to choose from at 5 in Mario, Winslow and Porzingas.

Time for Hennigan to do his homework, workouts and interviews to find the best fit.

DX has updated it's draft order and considered team needs and has us taking Hezonja. Weird since the last mock they had us at 5 taking WCS. This is kinda conspiracy-ish (which is ironic considering my stance on lottery conspiracy theories) but I wonder if Givony knows something? I have a theory (backed up by a small amount of evidence) that he's at least well acquainted with Rob.

I've caught on with this also. Giovany is definitely friends with Rob and he's mocked some of our picks accurately in the past.

I pay special attention to their mocks as it relates to us.