Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Magic sign Channing Frye

Junkie (and all), several things:

1. In general, if there is an issue with a mod, please PM him or her. If that doesn't prove helpful, please PM Live or Die. If that doesn't prove helpful, go to Dan Savage.

2. Though I wasn't directly engaged, just know several mods were engaging Eskobar via PMs. This leads me back to point 1. If there is an issue with a mod, please don't try and fight it out on the board. For that reason, Junkie, I unapproved your last post. That kind of discussion doesn't need to happen in the public forum.

3. As to certain posters being untouchable and unaccountable, including DOM (since you called him out), that's simply not true. I know I have directly dealt with him re: problems on the board.

4. Everyone, please be more respectful when you post. Yes, some posters are used to being wise guys and gals, but please be respectful even with your humor. Rule of thumb, don't write something you wouldn't say directly to a person in person.

5. Junkie, please let me represent myself.

6. And all … enough with the posts referring to sexual organs.

Hammer time - SB

• Upvote 4

Junkie (and all), several things:

1. In general, if there is an issue with a mod, please PM him or her. If that doesn't prove helpful, please PM Live or Die. If that doesn't prove helpful, go to Dan Savage.

2. Though I wasn't directly engaged, just know several mods were engaging Eskobar via PMs. This leads me back to point 1. If there is an issue with a mod, please don't try and fight it out on the board. For that reason, Junkie, I unapproved your last post. That kind of discussion doesn't need to happen in the public forum.

3. As to certain posters being untouchable and unaccountable, including DOM (since you called him out), that's simply not true. I know I have directly dealt with him re: problems on the board.

4. Everyone, please be more respectful when you post. Yes, some posters are used to being wise guys and gals, but please be respectful even with your humor. Rule of thumb, don't write something you wouldn't say directly to a person in person.

5. Junkie, please let me represent myself.

6. And all … enough with the posts referring to sexual organs.

Hammer time - SB

But it's okay for Marc Acres(a mod) to call me out on something that happened so long ago I can't even remember it...You see the inconsistency ???...In reference to DOM that's what I'm talking about....And I apologize for saying something you told me in private I just couldn't help myself.... But you know how he belittles people and their opinions and he never gets suspended or at least I'm not aware....Yet, Eskobar who doesn't insult anyone is given the hammer for basically disagreeing with people.

This board is very poorly moderated and you know it Soul Bro....And Escobar is completely right when he says this forum is so poorly participated on....Sad, smh.

I am beginning to wonder if it is because so much of what Hennigan has done is stuff they didn't predict, they panned it, and then it turned out they were wrong. I think there is some animosity toward him for proving them wrong a number of times already. They are not necessarily "gunning" for him, but they may be looking with a negative attitude. Maybe they figure if they keep viewing his moves negatively, eventually they will be "proved right".

At this point, Hennigan hasn't proved anything yet, beyond being able to build a very young team that doesn't win many games. IF the team starts to show development and improvement, and it turns out Hennigan created the foundation for long-term success, he will deserve a ton of credit. Until then, I don't think he's "proven" very much.

At this point, Hennigan hasn't proved anything yet, beyond being able to build a very young team that doesn't win many games. IF the team starts to show development and improvement, and it turns out Hennigan created the foundation for long-term success, he will deserve a ton of credit. Until then, I don't think he's "proven" very much.

He's proven to be a terrific judge of talent imo. He's been blasted by experts for pretty much every trade, until players that no one knows anything about (Vuch, Harris.. we'll see with Fournier) really prove they can play.

So, is it too early to pass judgement on the Howard and JJ trades?

If not, what do you think of them?

If so, when do you feel is the appropriate time to revisit those trades and judge their effectiveness?

So, is it too early to pass judgement on the Howard and JJ trades?

If not, what do you think of them?

If so, when do you feel is the appropriate time to revisit those trades and judge their effectiveness?

Any answer to those questions is subjective. Basically if the Magic don't start to develop as a cohesive team in next 1-2 years, my opinion is that Hennigan won't be judged a success, regardless of the merits of any individual move he's made.