Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Castaway

Howard has moved on, but have Magic fans done so as well?

I've "moved on". I was mad for a few days, but I really don't care anymore. I'm happy with the promise we're showing with young talent and front office moves. Dwight gave us some great years and then he kind of screwed us over, like Marc said, but we're already making progress in reversing that damage and now he's someone else's headache. The guy gave us some great memories as Magic fans, so why not celebrate those moments? It doesn't mean we're endorsing every single thing he's done, it's just a tribute to what he did on the court for us for all those years.

I certainly wouldn't cheer him for tomorrow night, but I wouldn't boo him either. Honestly, I hope he does well against every team except ours. As for the video tribute...I don't know what that means. Wasn't it this time exactly two years ago with the famous diet pepsi SVG press conference? it still feels like yesterday tbh.

that would be awesome if it was a troll video, showing the svg pepsi interview, when he was telling a fan he banged the fan's mom, a video of the tumbleweeds rolling through his central florida charity, and other classless things he's done and then ending with the highlight of kobe dunking over him

• Upvote 1

Moved on?.... From what... From our former franchise center who couldn't put the game on his shoulders because of his atrocious free throws.... From our wannabe Disney partner who said F Mickey while having lunch with the Nets. From our golden child that never grew up and talked about doing the impossible but left becuase he knew he couldn't. From a 1st round pick that forced a trade, then signed back to the team, only to ask for a trade again.

From the guy who is still sore about seeing someone else wear #12.....when he had no problem leaving the team...

Nope we haven't moved anywhere... Dwight does not deserve a video highlight, 2yrs after he destroyed a team and city. Dwight doesn't deserve respect after conspiring with his Agent on how they should get to the Nets. Dwight doesn't deserve anything.... Except for a loss by the Magic.

Dwight can keep his 12 kids and go dig a hole.

The Magic should not proceed with this video tribute, it's a slap in the face to the fans.

That's all that needs to be said. I find this video business atrocious. We are the ex bf talking about how he forgives the cheating girl while handing her order to her from a drive thru window while his dog stares at him from the lap of the new bf in the passenger seat...

• Upvote 1

We need a video of him missing free throws, some disappointed summer camp kids, baby pix of all his kids, and finish with Kobe's dunk. We need to play it before the game, at halftime, and between quarters tomorrow night.

The one great thing that came from the Dwight trade was it got us out of the cap hell we got in because Otis tried to bring in bad deals to appease Dwight. Trading Dwight was the ONLY way out and thank GOD Henny had the brains to pass on Bynum and Lopez. The future of this team looks like it's in good hands... moved on yes, forgotten what Dwight did to us- no.

• Upvote 2

I still can't believe he compared James Harden to Courtney Lee.... I think our best way to go in terms of Dwight isn't to counter his bs with some of our own homebrewed bs, but instead just ignore him completely. He's just another basketball player and he'll never get closer to a title than he did when he played in Orlando. I don't think he should be booed but I do believe the scars are way too fresh for him to be honored.

I'd never boo him. I'll readily admit that I'm in the Magic fan minority on this, but Dwight's legacy is that arena and the team remaining in Orlando. That can't be overlooked.

And that was a pretty solid near decade with him. Lot of good times and good runs; that's all not just a negative to me. We'll be very lucky to get close to that level again over these next 10 years.

Was it messy? Obviously. And both sides *****ed up in their own ways (the Magic's culpability in The Divorce is often glossed over).

In the end it's a profession, and it's his life. Can't blame him from (finally) making a decision.

I'd never boo him. I'll readily admit that I'm in the Magic fan minority on this, but Dwight's legacy is that arena and the team remaining in Orlando. That can't be overlooked.

spot on, didn't even think about that. We wouldn't have arguably the nicest arena in NBA, perhaps in all of basketball.

And that was a pretty solid near decade with him. Lot of good times and good runs; that's all not just a negative to me. We'll be very lucky to get close to that level again over these next 10 years.

Was it messy? Obviously. And both sides *****ed up in their own ways (the Magic's culpability in The Divorce is often glossed over).

In the end it's a profession, and it's his life. Can't blame him from (finally) making a decision.

In the early 2000's, fans were struggling to keep the Magic here. It was a tough run. Dwight Howard changed that situation completely.

I'm a fan of this simply for the unintentional comedy. He's going to be booed. Mercilessly. And he's probably delusional enough to think he going to be cheered. So, they are going to play the video, fans will boo, and then the camera is going to flash to his face for his reaction. It will be amazing.

• Upvote 1