Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Castaway

Howard has moved on, but have Magic fans done so as well?

I don't think that Dwight has moved on nearly as much as he gets credit for in this article, and I also think that it is entirely too soon to give him any sort of tribute upon his return to Orlando. Wait until we're at least decent again... people don't want to see a 19 - 43 team play and get killed by the team with the guy that arguably caused all the destruction. And not only that, we're gonna honor him as they destroy us? No thanks...

I don't think that Dwight has moved on nearly as much as he gets credit for in this article, and I also think that it is entirely too soon to give him any sort of tribute upon his return to Orlando. Wait until we're at least decent again... people don't want to see a 19 - 43 team play and get killed by the team with the guy that arguably caused all the destruction. And not only that, we're gonna honor him as they destroy us? No thanks...

The way I feel …

Moved on?.... From what... From our former franchise center who couldn't put the game on his shoulders because of his atrocious free throws.... From our wannabe Disney partner who said F Mickey while having lunch with the Nets. From our golden child that never grew up and talked about doing the impossible but left becuase he knew he couldn't. From a 1st round pick that forced a trade, then signed back to the team, only to ask for a trade again.

From the guy who is still sore about seeing someone else wear #12.....when he had no problem leaving the team...

Nope we haven't moved anywhere... Dwight does not deserve a video highlight, 2yrs after he destroyed a team and city. Dwight doesn't deserve respect after conspiring with his Agent on how they should get to the Nets. Dwight doesn't deserve anything.... Except for a loss by the Magic.

Dwight can keep his 12 kids and go dig a hole.

The Magic should not proceed with this video tribute, it's a slap in the face to the fans.

• Upvote 2

Moved on?.... From what... From our former franchise center who couldn't put the game on his shoulders because of his atrocious free throws.... From our wannabe Disney partner who said F Mickey while having lunch with the Nets. From our golden child that never grew up and talked about doing the impossible but left becuase he knew he couldn't. From a 1st round pick that forced a trade, then signed back to the team, only to ask for a trade again.

From the guy who is still sore about seeing someone else wear #12.....when he had no problem leaving the team...

Nope we haven't moved anywhere... Dwight does not deserve a video highlight, 2yrs after he destroyed a team and city. Dwight doesn't deserve respect after conspiring with his Agent on how they should get to the Nets. Dwight doesn't deserve anything.... Except for a loss by the Magic.

Dwight can keep his 12 kids and go dig a hole.

The Magic should not proceed with this video tribute, it's a slap in the face to the fans.

This, also what is in the world is the magic brass thinking on this one. The scar is too soon, Maybe 5 years down the road or 25 years when nobody can remember who DH was.

I skipped over skimming the article at hand. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THE MAGIC EVEN CONSIDER THINKING OF DOING THIS? This is without a doubt nonsensical. Forget the video! What conspired the idea of anyone in the Organization honoring Dwight Howard in the first place?

The only reasoning that i could think of is that FSL holds a professional standard to themselves despite the controversy. However, to answer my own question, the relevance is how Howard tainted this team and left to the same organization Shaq did. Despite the two situations being dynamically different, at the end of the day he sported the Lakers jersey. Now sports a third jersey to the team the Magic lost to in the finals in the first go around.

Every move Dwight Howard does just brings up negative memories. If he signs with the Kings one day, then we should honor him. That way, we know he's not winning squat.

The only time Jameer is mentioned, he is by the author and never by Howard … not even when referring to Magic PG's …

One gets the feeling Denton is pleading to the fans not to spoil the video tribute … a tribute to a bum hole! good grief !!! live and see, I guess ...

if the guy just left and didn't hold the franchise hostage that would be one thing, not only did he do that but he asked for some of the worst players to be added while he was on his way out the door. I just can't see this going well.