Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

I want you guys to argue...just be mature about it Just argue without trying to get banned.

How the hell does Bianchi still have a job with the media and why does anyone ever listen to him or give his crap-words clicks?

He's the one who should be fired.

It's not a routine. I actually follow NBA free agency and hence can make educated comments about it.

You have gone from "the magic did not get a good free agent this summer!!!! WHY??" To "what's the harm in trying to get Parsons for 2 years 8-10mm?"

This is good. It is progress.

The next step is understanding that Hennigan knows that deal would instantly be matched by Houston, and therefore is a waste of time.

I have no dog in this fight, and I respect and agree with most everything you post on here. That being said, you have said several times that Parsons was one player that you thought might be worth Rob signing with our ample cap space. Why the sudden change of heart? Again, I'm not looking for a debate, just clarification.

http://prestointhepaint.com/2014/07/03/free-agent-profile-ed-davis/

Might have been discussed, but the writer makes a case for us to sign Ed Davis. He says he'd be a starter, pair well with Vuc, and give us a defensively minded PF. Gordon can play some SF and PF.

Would everyone be happy if we signed Davis in the 6-7 million range?

Payton / Oladipo / Harkless, Harris or Gordon / Davis / Vuc

Summer League can't come quick enough. There's only so many times I can watch the same 7 or 8 Aaron Gordon highlight videos.

AND it's open to the public this year. Finally something good about living in Vegas lol.

I think that 6 million per would already be overpaying for Ed Davis but I really want him. If we get him on a 3 year deal with the last one being a team option I don't really care about the numbers. Gordon got 9 for 2 and I'm not mad at all

How the hell does Bianchi still have a job with the media and why does anyone ever listen to him or give his crap-words clicks?

He's the one who should be fired.

I have been preaching this for many years, in fact it was his and Jemel Hills work that caused me to stop reading anything produced by that organization! Sad part is.....nobody else will have him so I think we are stuck with him here!

I have no dog in this fight, and I respect and agree with most everything you post on here. That being said, you have said several times that Parsons was one player that you thought might be worth Rob signing with our ample cap space. Why the sudden change of heart? Again, I'm not looking for a debate, just clarification.

Yes, I did not expect the market to spike like this. Parsons is looking at 10 a year for 3 years from HOU, and possibly more. I was thinking he could get in at 8mm x 2 to the Magic but Houston has told him that they would give him 10 a year regardless if they get Melo or not.

Thats pretty high IMO. I like Parsons a lot, but that would be overpaying.

Also, the fact that it appears the Magic made that financial decision did not cause me to throw an internet fit because I realize they will have a nice foundation set by next season, and will have a better idea of what holes they need to fill.

I think that 6 million per would already be overpaying for Ed Davis but I really want him. If we get him on a 3 year deal with the last one being a team option I don't really care about the numbers. Gordon got 9 for 2 and I'm not mad at all

9 for 2 is a great deal for a C like Gortat. He was a force in the playoffs next to Nene. I really like how WASH is built with speed and athleticism outside and physicality in.

9 for 2 is a great deal for a C like Gortat. He was a force in the playoffs next to Nene. I really like how WASH is built with speed and athleticism outside and physicality in.

I think you have to read that again :D Gortat got 5 years 60 million. I was talking about Ben Gordon