Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

I'd like to see us make an offer to Luol Deng for 4 yrs/ $36 mil. Great hustler, defender, attacks the basket, fits well with what we are trying to do. Gives us a go to guy other than Oladipo.

My question isn't being answered. What assets are you willing to give up for THOSE assets?

The whole point is that we wouldn't be giving up anything. Or rather, we'd be giving up some level of CAP space to take on Boozer, and in exchange for that, the Bulls would have to give us things.

We wouldn't be sending anything back.

I'd like to see us make an offer to Luol Deng for 4 yrs/ $36 mil. Great hustler, defender, attacks the basket, fits well with what we are trying to do. Gives us a go to guy other than Oladipo.

No thank you. I don't want to spend money on a guy who is on the back end of his prime and will take away minutes from our young guys who are developing. Doesn't add anything to our overall championship goal other than attempting to speed up the "natural process." I would be much more willing to give Parsons that type of money than Deng if push came to shove.

No thank you. I don't want to spend money on a guy who is on the back end of his prime and will take away minutes from our young guys who are developing. Doesn't add anything to our overall championship goal other than attempting to speed up the "natural process." I would be much more willing to give Parsons that type of money than Deng if push came to shove.

Exactly. I'd rather us just throw 4yrs/$44M at Parsons who could actually grow with this team than Deng.

My son is telling me the Magic just signed Aaron Gordon to a contract....

Magic Signs Aaron Gordon, Elfrid Payton

July 2 at 10:01am CDT By Chuck Myron10:01am: Their contracts are indeed for 120% of the rookie scale, as Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel tweets.

9:44am: The Magic have signed No. 4 overall pick Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton, the 10th overall pick, the team announced via press release. Official signings with first-round picks are one of the few maneuvers allowed during the July moratorium. They’re both presumably getting the standard 120% of the rookie scale, so Gordon will likely make slightly more than $3.992MM this season while Payton will probably draw nearly $2.398MM, as our table of salaries for first-round picks shows.

Orlando pulled a surprise with its choice of Gordon, a power forward from Arizona, while Dante Exum and Marcus Smart were still on the board, but the team filled its need for a point guard not long after, swinging a trade to acquire Payton. Orlando gave up No. 12 pick Dario Saric, a 2017 first-rounder and a 2015 second-rounder to the Sixers in exchange for the point guard from Louisiana-Lafayette.

Eddie Scarito of Hoops Rumors gave the Magic an A for their draft, one in which they also netted No. 56 overall pick Devyn Marble. Still, he pointed to the risk involved with Gordon when he examined him as part of our Prospect Profile Series.

@WojYahooNBA: Free agent guard Ben Gordon has agreed to a two-year, $9 million deal with the Orlando Magic, league source tells Yahoo Sports.