Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

so frye deal not looking so crazy right about now...

the fact that frye hasn't signed and rob couldn't talk about it today when interviewed almost made me feel for a split second like we were about to get boozer'd

Yeah, it's hard to complain about giving Frye 8m a year in a world where Jordan Hill somehow got 9.

Ridiculous, Isaiah Thomas is an incredibly good offensive player and at 27 million he's an enormous bargain.

Like I said, he's a good offensive player, but he's limited in regards to his ball handling (ie distributing the ball, assists, turnovers etc), and he's a big defensive liability. Is that really the type of PG you want?

He's a chucker that weighs in with half a dozen assists but pairs them with a few turnovers per game. It says a lot that the kings have let him go. They don't view him as a starter, more of a sixth man. How many teams with a hole at starting PG have come in for him? Not seen any. Detroit was interested but they have Brandon Knight as a starter, so IT would be heading for sixth man duty. Same at the Suns, he's heading for sixth man duty.

Now at 27 million he brings decent production, but he's a limited starting PG unless you want a chucker to pair with Oladipo and split the ball handling. But then you have a defensive liability next to Oladipo. I'd rather pass on Thomas and go with Payton, try to develop him and have a better ball handler and defensive player.

I still can't believe Wade opted out

This. The guy walked away from 43M. I would've liked to hear the conversation between him and Lebron when they flew back to Miami from Vegas together.

LA now losing Gasol. Henny looks like a genius from the Howard trade. We are stacked with young talent, while their roster looks horrible.

Meanwhile, Cleveland has the makings of a very special team now. Wow

LA now losing Gasol. Henny looks like a genius from the Howard trade. We are stacked with young talent, while their roster looks horrible.

Meanwhile, Cleveland has the makings of a very special team now. Wow

I think they'll have a lot of trouble.

Irving

Waiters

Lebron/Wiggins

Lebron/Thompson

Varejao

Is what they have at present. That team has 3 players who are all far more effective with the ball in their hands than off the ball (Lebron, Irving, Waiters). It struggles to space the floor (even Kyrie only shot 31% on catch and shoot 3's last year) and it has very little defense. Also Varejao plays about 40 games a year so it loses it's best big man pretty easily. Although actually I can imagine Waiters on the bench and Mike Miller or Ray Allen starting at the 2. Even if they get Love and keep Wiggins and they role out this:

Irving

Wiggins

Lebron

Love

Varejao

They still don't have great spacing (but better). And there defense doesn't improve very much since Love would rather turn and grab the rebound than even contest a shot. Or again they play one of the Miller/Allen at SG instead of Wiggins and bench the #1 pick.

What lineup will they even role out in the 40 or so games that Varejao is unhealthy?

Irving

Ray Allen/Mike Miller

Wiggins

Lebron

Love

That lineup spaces the floor a lot better but still gives up a lot of points with Love having to guard down low. Vucevic would have a field day playing that team.

The Cavs, on paper, look really talented but they've got a lot of problems and a coach who's never coached in the NBA (I actually think he's a good coach from what little I've seen of his teams) who'll have to sort it all out.

CTMagic UK, yes, I was simply referring to Cleveland's foundation and pieces. I personally believe they will need to flip Waiters or Bennett for a true big, but they have some incredible young and older talent on that team. Just Irving, Wiggins and James together could be insanely special, especially if Wiggins develops a long ball. Irving and Wiggins have so much more youth and energy than what James had in Miami. And if I'm Cleveland, I'm going after Pekovic in a trade. Dude is an underrated center (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM) and could shore up their paint.

This has to be the most bizarre off season ever. I can not remember a time where so many twists have happened, and we haven't even heard from Melo, Love, Pau or Stephenson..

paul is going to the bulls

Offering Parsons that big deal cost the Mavs VC, signed for 3 years 12 million with Grizz.

Kind of a lateral move for VC. I would've like to see him in OKC