Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

It's confession time

The truth is that the Magic aren't winning and this whole bored is just exausted of attempting to fire Brian Hill. The players don't listen to us even if I list the Magic Killers that they should watch for.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE MAGIC ORGANIZATION DOES NOT LISTEN TO THE OPINIONS OF FANS AND THINK THEIR DECISIONS ARE BEST WHEN THERE ARE "MILLIONS" OF US THINKING THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT THEY ARE THINKING.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Does rooting for the Magic to lose compare to a "tough love" approach? If so, it could be argued that many fans are rooting against their team for the better good of the team.

Personally, I will never root for the Magic to lose. But, it certainly doesn't hurt the team's future outlook if they do, considering that it may escalate the pace of Brian Hill's dismissal.

It's like Chris Rock said, "I won't hit a b*tch, but I'll sure as heck shake the crap outta one."

How could it be for the better good of the team? No playoffs in a year which management has stated it as their goal including our one star Dwight Howard.

I can see free agents not as attracted to us because of our lottery status.

Rafael made a comment on another thread which I thought was good.

It's not just about the coach, it's about the team as a whole. They need our support, especially with the new arena issue looming over this city's head. That's all the ammunition the Anti-Magic movement needs right now. I can read it now "Fans are jumping ship, why should we build a new arena?"

But the bottom line for me as I stated earlier, how can you root against a team you call your favorite to lose? Who is coaching should not matter. You can get mad at the guy like all of us do. In time if he's not getting the job done he'll be gone.

Sorry, but you guys hoping for losses I just don't understand.

I won't ever root against this team. However, many fans feel that Brian Hill is the ultimate destructive force that is causing our team to underachieve. Therefore, it could be reasoned that if the team loses fan support and their hand is forced to fire Hill, that eventually it will be for the better of the team. This may not make sense now, but next year when the players are winning and playing comfortably without Hill roaming the sidelines, it could be argued that losing and lack of fan support actually expedited the eventual goal of winning a championship. Certainly everyone must understand that keeping Brian Hill around only hinders the building process.

What I am really curious about is why we haven't heard a peep from the players. Not a single word! Does management really have them so well trained that they are all aware of the repurcussions involving press leakage? Think about how unhappy and how vocal we all are regarding the Magic's struggles. I would think that a member of the team would be twice as impacted by this failure and thus would be twice as vocal. Are they really all a bunch of trained puppies?

I don't root for the Magic to lose and I never will. However, I don't get nearly as depressed when they lose anymore. The thought always pops into my head that maybe its one loss closer to Napoleon being kicked out the door. Its a fine line but thats my thinking on the subject.

Is there anyone here that thinks things will be different next season if things stay the same? I don't see how they could.

So Otis Smith is a bonafide serial liar, awesome.

Purely based on principle, I have more faith in Brian Hill than I do in Otis at this point. If Otis can't even make a balanced statement about the state of his team, then what kind of faith can I show in him? At least Brian Hill is honest in his assessments.

That's my confession right there.

Long time fan here so I remember the Shaq days. His first year for the Magic we finished the year 41-41. Mostly because Shaq got flustered a lot trying to read double teams. Once Shaq figured it out the Magic took off.

Howard, as we all know is struggling big time in that area. He leads the league(I think) in turnovers.

To answer your question Emory, if Dwight starts learning how to handle those situations better either what's left of this season or next year is their anybody who thinks we won't be a lot better?

Howard never went to college.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

So Otis Smith is a bonafide serial liar, awesome.

Purely based on principle, I have more faith in Brian Hill than I do in Otis at this point. If Otis can't even make a balanced statement about the state of his team, then what kind of faith can I show in him? At least Brian Hill is honest in his assessments.

That's my confession right there.

I don't remember ever seeing a coach getting sold out by his GM. Dwayne Casey had the GM's support right up till he was fired, we just had a whole slew of coaches that we supported publically even though they stunk and they ended up being fired. That is part of upper management in the NBA.

I will always want the team to win regardless of what effect that has on Hill's status, I know it isn't rational but that is just me. Things have a way of working themselves out and I honestly believe that a team can only do so much in spite of their coach. I doubt that this type of season and "progress" is what anyone within the team had in mind when they started this year. Hill has lost this team, time for him to move on.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Are some of you honestly hoping that the team loses enough games to not make the playoffs so Brian Hill can hopefully be fired?

I'm definitely not crazy about the job he's done this year either but for the life of me I can't root for the Magic to lose.

I will never give up on my beloved Magic team!!!!!!!!!!

I've actually entertained the thought cause I'm sick of losing but when a new day dawns for a new game my heart won't let me do it. I love the Magic more than I do any coach. Especially a coach that won't be here in the future.

We actually still have a chance, however slim, to make the post-season. Something we haven't done in awhile.

I just don't understand the thinking of some of you as I've seen comments on different threads.

I will never give up hope on my BELOVED MAGIC TEAM, NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, I want we win as if there is no tomorrow ! Live is good and I don't know what tomorrow got for me or anybody in the team.So I enjoy as much as I can now and without to be ignorant of my God !!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by Rafael17222:

Honestly, I dislike Brian Hill as much as the next guy. But to root for the Magic to lose? Nah, can't do it, the thought never even once crossed my mind!!

Rafael, you may not like BHill, but you don't hate the guy nearly as much as I do. Not even close. The guy sucks and the owners and GM are worse for covering his back.

Knappy, I admire your passion and commitment to your cause. I'll even stand by your side and voice my displeasure of Brian Hills coaching philosophies.

But "Hate" is such a strong word! I can't say that I hate the guy. Deep down, even though he's coaching this team to the ground, I don't think he is doing anything maliciously. I know it may be hard to believe, but he actually "thinks" he is doing what is best for the team and the organization.

I don't believe he gets up in the morning and says:

"Hmmm let

go Charlotte! My favorite team may now be anyone who plays the magic.

It is sad when the Owners and GM, being so pathetic, get you to actually turn on the team that you have been a fan of since inception. I held season tickets for about 12 years in total.

Unreal, that I want them to lose at this point - and it is all because of BHill, Otis and the Owners. I like the players.

As I will outline in my agenda for the fire Napoleon campaign as soon as I have an opportunity to put my thoughts into word...

Timing is everything!!!

I don't want the Magic to lose or miss the playoffs.

But, if they do, there's a window of opportunity to get Napoleon fired that we should exploit.