Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Would you trade Darko to Bulls for Nocioni and a 1st rounder?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

put in tyrus thomas instead of the pick and we can talk.

btw, i wouldn't be that sure that gasol is better than darko at all. he's more proven, that's true. darko is just playing for a moron, that's the biggest diference. everybody who watched the game at the world championship knows what i'm talking about.

I tire of reading about Darko's problems being blamed on the coach when in fact he is on his 3rd NBA head coach.

Larry Brown I understand. I never hear anybody from Detroit be it players or media complain about Flip Saunders. There current head coach whom Darko played for. In fact, Saunders is known as an innovative offensive coach which would seem to play right up Darko's alley.

Brian Hill obviously has flaws but Darko is getting to play. This is his contract year. When is he gonna step up? I don't wanna hear about using him wrong either. A coach "CANNOT" control your "EFFORT" when your on the court.

About the World Championships which are frequently mentioned in regards to Darko. He did play well! I was happy to see it. But the reason his stats were so good was because the team he was on was basically rebuilding. Darko had the most professional experience on the team. He had to be the go to guy.

He will never be the go to guy on the Magic as long as Dwight Howard is here.

actually, a coach can do something... for example giving him some confidence (i almost never had the feeling that's the case and it's not just darko) or maybe call some plays for him.

about the championships, he wasn't the guy with the most expirience (actually, he wasn't even close to be that), he was just the only one who played in the NBA but there were some very good players from european leagues. and it's because he was the go to guy, he just played good. he played excellent against gasol and he destroyed scola and oberto. i guess you didn't watch the games?

btw, i think if he signs a contract right now he'd suddenly become a starter and suddenly he'd play great. you understand?

Darko has certainly gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to coaches, but he needs to share some of the blame.

I do think he is a little thin skinned and lets what coaches do affect him too much mentally.

The thing is most of the coaches in the NBA are hard asses, so he better get used to it.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

put in tyrus thomas instead of the pick and we can talk.

btw, i wouldn't be that sure that gasol is better than darko at all. he's more proven, that's true. darko is just playing for a moron, that's the biggest diference. everybody who watched the game at the world championship knows what i'm talking about.

I tire of reading about Darko's problems being blamed on the coach when in fact he is on his 3rd NBA head coach.

Larry Brown I understand. I never hear anybody from Detroit be it players or media complain about Flip Saunders. There current head coach whom Darko played for. In fact, Saunders is known as an innovative offensive coach which would seem to play right up Darko's alley.

Brian Hill obviously has flaws but Darko is getting to play. This is his contract year. When is he gonna step up? I don't wanna hear about using him wrong either. A coach "CANNOT" control your "EFFORT" when your on the court.

About the World Championships which are frequently mentioned in regards to Darko. He did play well! I was happy to see it. But the reason his stats were so good was because the team he was on was basically rebuilding. Darko had the most professional experience on the team. He had to be the go to guy.

He will never be the go to guy on the Magic as long as Dwight Howard is here.

Junkie, until Darko is allowed to shoot 18-20 footers like Tony is, this argument is moot. That's terrible coaching.

When Darko catches the ball at the top of the key, his man is never within 5 feet of him. He's already doubling Dwight in the post. Darko should be told to shoot that shot every time, until they start guarding him. Right now, they know they don't have to.

I would trade Darko in a second if it brought quality players like Duhon, Nocioni and possibly a pick.

The Bulls have a ton of talent and don't utilize all of it on a regular basis. If they want to target Darko (remember, Big Ben thinks he is one hell of a player), then we should look into plucking some of their talent.

Maybe:

Arroyo, Turk, & Darko for Duhon, Nocioni & Thomas

I doubt Chicago would do this, but it made me excited just typing it.

You know what is really sad, we've had Darko for a year and a half now and I still feel like I haven't really had a chance to see the guy play. Whether that is his fault or the coaches, I don't know. My point is, if we are looking at trading him we better know what we have first, good or bad.

I agree with Gabe, Duhon would be an excellent fit for us, he's everything we need in a PG.

I think I would if it was the Knicks pick, Duhon, and Nocioni. That could net say a Mike Conley Jr., Javarious Crittendon, Al Thornton, Corey Brewer, etc. That would be quite a haul for Darko. While I do believe that Darko has the skills to be great there is really no way to teach mental toughness. Larry Brown is one story considering he played Malik Rose and Mo Taylor over David Lee and Trevor but Flip is an offensive minded coach and he still could not crack the rotation. It just shows how hard it is to come into the league as an 18 year old big man. It has taken guys like Curry, Chandler, Oneal, etc. 5 + years to really get it going. I guess its just a game of risk vs. reward.

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

quote:
I never hear anybody from Detroit be it players or media complain about Flip Saunders.

Ben Wallace ring a bell (pun intended)?

Billups and Ben talk all the time (by phone) and think alike and have problems with Flip Saunders for the teams defensive performance last year and Ben eventually leaving. Don't rule out Billups wanting to play elsewhere.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

quote:
I never hear anybody from Detroit be it players or media complain about Flip Saunders.

Ben Wallace ring a bell (pun intended)?

Billups and Ben talk all the time (by phone) and think alike and have problems with Flip Saunders for the teams defensive performance last year and Ben eventually leaving. Don't rule out Billups wanting to play elsewhere.

Also with Big Ben they only offered him 4/48 while Chicago went 4/60. With Billups they have already committed to offering him the max. So even if Milwaukee, Charlotte, or even the Magic throw money at him Detroit has more and in my opinion will re-sign him.