Sign in to follow this  
LetsGoMagic

Trade Discussion Thread

I've been thinking the past few days, what are the cavs plans for the future? Do you think they are happy with the players they surrounded Lebron with. I mention this as a hope, because after watching the Cavs v. Lakers game they seemed disappointed with having signed Larry Hughes. Could he be available. They want a PG and we have Diener/Arroyo. If they want cap space we have Hill. If they want a big we have the rights to Fran. They don't have a 1st rd pick, maybe they would be interested in our 2nd rounder. Just a thought, but I'm not really impressed with the VC, Ray Allen options, I'm a fan of both, but their age concerns me.

I see that The Nets aren't playing Mile Ilic. He is only getting garbage minutes. He's 20 years old and very inexperienced. Even though he has a lack of experience he's still a great prospect. If he came to Orlando he could learn a lot from Dwight, Battie and Darko. His only weakness is his lack of experience. He is a great post player, and we know how much B.Hill likes that. We still need another big man and with a little bit of patients he'd be perfect. We could trade Pat and maybe Deiner or someone. Just a thought. What do you think?

quote:
Originally posted by nbr3345:

lol, almost an MVP nole!, I think.

Now, I don't know about the availability of this guy but his name has popped up in various bits of information over the past few weeks, Johan Petro.

I wouldn't expect the Sonics to be foolish enough to part ways, but as a potential prospect what are the thoughts on this player. I like him and potentially with our bigs he could bode well. On that however the only con I would have is that I myself would be after a guy who's been in the league for a little longer. I like him though and if we take anything off the Sonics, get them to throw in the other Frenchman in Gelebale!

'as above'

I don't know guys, we should not even think on trading for a Shooting Guard. We got Reddick. Reddick is a beast!

I would say, trade the point guard that shoot the ball 15+ time a game and do 3 TO a game for a good Small Foward.

Keep Darco, Howard and Reddick busy.

Stay with Arroyo, Dienner, Dooling.

Send Hill,Nelson Package for a good SF and a Draft Pick.

The Future is ours.

Also start thinking on a new COach for next season!

Schmitz: Pat Garrity For Dale Davis?

Could the same trading partners who got together last season at this time --- the Magic and the Pistons --- talk turkey again?

How about Pat Garrity for Dale Davis?

The Magic get a veteran big man in Davis that they have been seeking.

The Pistons get a shooter to help them in an offense that often runs through passing wiz Chris Webber.

Davis is older, sure, at 37, and is collecting cobwebs thanks to Webber's acquistion. Offsetting this the fact that Garrity, 30, is hardly playing in Orlando. He needs a new team to rekindle his once respected shooting prowess.

The salaries of Davis and Garrity match at $3.5 million.

The Pistons and Magic have a trade history. GMs Otis Smith and Joe Dumars swung a deal last season, the Magic swapping Darko Milicic and Carlos Arroyo for Kelvin Cato and a first-round pick.

Might make sense.

The catch: Garrity has an early termination option next season, meaning the Pistons might be on the hook for one more season.

But when the Magic look out there for their big-man options, there isn't much.

They tried to get in on the Melvin Ely deal with Charlotte, but San Antonio beat them out of that.

The Magic prefer big men with expiring deals or come cheaply. There are the Scott Pollards and the Pat Burkes and the Rafael Araujos out there on the end of benches.

Davis is playing behind Webber and Nazr Mohammed in Detroit, but might have a little left in the tank. Garrity needs a new place to play.

Makes sense on paper, anyway.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2007/02/pat_garrity_for.html

I'd do that deal in a hearbeat but I'm positive Detroit is going to want something more. Especially, if Pat's trade kicker puts them on the hook for next year.

My bad Marc, didn't know it was in here since it was its own article.

Now, I also would do that deal in a heartbeat...ANYTHING to get Pat outta here. Though beggers can't be choosers, I'd rather have Pollard; he's a stud (no homo). I've been a fan of his since he played in Sac-Town. But, I do like the fact that Davis' contract expires at the end of this season. Could this be the small trade that MC just mentioned in his latest post?

hmmmmmmm...

7 days and counting..........

quote:
Originally posted by Philip:

I don't know guys, we should not even think on trading for a Shooting Guard. We got Reddick. Reddick is a beast!

I would say, trade the point guard that shoot the ball 15+ time a game and do 3 TO a game for a good Small Foward.

Keep Darco, Howard and Reddick busy.

Stay with Arroyo, Dienner, Dooling.

Send Hill,Nelson Package for a good SF and a Draft Pick.

The Future is ours.

Also start thinking on a new COach for next season!

Which team you talking about? Cant be Magic.....Who's Reddick? Who's Dienner? and Who's Darco?? I Don't know these players

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

I'd do that deal in a hearbeat but I'm positive Detroit is going to want something more. Especially, if Pat's trade kicker puts them on the hook for next year.

Maybe something could be worked out where the Magic would still pay some of his final years salary. I think its been done before.

quote:
Maybe something could be worked out where the Magic would still pay some of his final years salary. I think its been done before.

Why is it worth it? Pat has become the 14th man on this team... it's not like he is playing ahead of too many other guys. I don't think it would be a good idea to be paying players who aren't even on the Magic anymore. He can opt out after this year, and from what I have heard, it looks like he will. For one, he knows the Magic need his salary and he needs a new start where he can get his shot back. He is a class act, and believe it or not, a valuable member of this team.

quote:
PF/C- D. Howard / D. Milicic / A. Williams / T. Battie / B. Outlaw / P. Garrity

Keep Howard and Milicic. Add may be Mehmet Okur from Jazz, with 7 foot he can play PF/C and also he is a great 3 pointer. Better than JJ and Hedo.