Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

No I understand what you're trying to say but your logic is flawed. We may or may not be in a position to work a sign and trade deal to get JJ to where he wants to go. You acknowledge that right? Sure he may want to sign with a team over the cap, but then our only choice is what said team is willing to offer and if that doesn't meet our liking JJ can simply sign with another team that has the ability to sign him. You seem to be under the impression we'll somehow be calling the shots during this process and the fact is we won't be, and even if we are involved we will be getting a crap deal similar to the one we got last summer for Ryno. Do you understand?

1) Of course, did I say otherwise?

2) And this is different from the current situation how?

3) I am under the impression that management is probably cooler risking letting Redick walk in the summer than to take a deadline deal just for the sake of a deadline deal, when there is zero evidence to suggest the best offer occurs before a deadline-which goes compeltely against logic btw(explained later)...Your logic is sound from the 'why should we trade him now' perspective, but completely lacking comprehension from the reasons of 'why we shouldnt wait to trade him until the offseason'. I don't disagree that we may get a good package for Redick before the deadline, just as I dont suggest that a better offer awaits us over the summer. Just know that the picture your painting isn't as black and white as you lead on.

My reasoning is just behind what I think Rob's mindset is regarding trades: to save potential adversity associated w/trade speculation he operates close to the chest and makes calculated moves. He clearly is not concerned with talking heads WRT what he trades for..As such, I don't see him conforming to an arbitrary deadline made to benefit teams in contention for the playoffs; to cater to this deadline takes away more 'leverage' you speak of then waiting to deal with the same teams in the offseason because you are effectively taking action based on a timeline for their improvement, not your own. The lone exception to this would be teams willing to overspend for that short term help before the deadline, do you see any of those on the market right now? OKC? I don't think thats how they operate, per the Harden handling. NYK maybe?

Do you understand?

My big question: Is RDV on lockdown?

No reason to anymore since the Magic Front office works out of comfy new offices/practice facility attached to the new Amway.

RT @KBergCBS: One deal on the table for the Bucks is Luc Mbah a Moute and a first-round pick to Orlando for J.J. Redick, sources say.

The belief among rival execs is that the Bucks would only acquire Redick if they first decided to move Monta Ellis as part of a bigger deal.

We need to be very demanding for what we get in return for JJ since he has an expiring contract and can really help a team in the playoffs.

He is a former lottery pick (late lottery but still in it) in the prime of his career....no reason to give him away for anything less.

All Bucks' fans hate that rumored deal for JJ; meaning, it must me pretty good for us? I haven't seen Luc Mbah a Moute play so I don't know what to think of the rumor.

Maybe we'll be part of a 3-way deal with Milwaukee and Atlanta, the Bucks want Josh Smith and the Hawks want Monta Ellis. We give up JJ and act as facilitator and take picks from both teams?

Maybe we'll be part of a 3-way deal with Milwaukee and Atlanta, the Bucks want Josh Smith and the Hawks want Monta Ellis. We give up JJ and act as facilitator and take picks from both teams?

LOL Hawks aren't giving picks away to ship Smith out.

All Bucks' fans hate that rumored deal for JJ; meaning, it must me pretty good for us? I haven't seen Luc Mbah a Moute play so I don't know what to think of the rumor.

2 years left on his contract at $4.6M and $4.4M.

12 Luc Richard Mbah a Moute Milwaukee Bucks luc_richard_mbah_a_moute.jpgPosition: SF

Born: 9/09/86

Height: 6-8 / 2,03

Weight: 230 lbs. / 104,3 kg.

College: UCLA '09

A lockdown defender... Doesn't mind doing the dirty work... Excellent role player... Able to play both forward spots... Doesn't contribute much on the offensive end... Can't hit the three.