Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

I'm not a big fan of committing long term money to a young guy who's been a backup his entire career with only half a season to evaluate whether or not he is worth a big contract. I would rather draft a point, trade for a young point with a few years left on his rookie contract, or sign a no kidding legitimate point guard that won't require a lot of speculation about his true value. The last option would probably happen a few years from now if it does happen.

Link

ESPN analysts threw out some trade possibilities, here are the ones involving JJ Redick:

Of the ones listed, I think I like the Thunder trade most. Two very solid rookies that haven't gotten playing time on a championship contender plus a decent PG with an expiring contract.

I like the thunder trade. I dont know what two people I would cut from the them. The clipper trade is good but they would need to give me a first in 2014 because of the butlers contract.

I'm not a big fan of committing long term money to a young guy who's been a backup his entire career with only half a season to evaluate whether or not he is worth a big contract. I would rather draft a point, trade for a young point with a few years left on his rookie contract, or sign a no kidding legitimate point guard that won't require a lot of speculation about his true value. The last option would probably happen a few years from now if it does happen.

the clip's eric has two years left, counting this year.

Link

ESPN analysts threw out some trade possibilities, here are the ones involving JJ Redick:

Of the ones listed, I think I like the Thunder trade most. Two very solid rookies that haven't gotten playing time on a championship contender plus a decent PG with an expiring contract.

I'm all for the OKC trade but I'm wondering if there would be more to that trade? Would Redick be back up point? Do they package Thabo or Kmart? And as for us what about our current situation with over stocking on PF's? I think this trade makes the most sense but is a long shot, Jeremy Lamb has had some decent games in the D-League and PJ3 would be a good back up for Vuc.

How about this trade:

Orlando trades: Redick or Afflalo AND Josh McRoberts AND future second rounder

Phoenix trades: Michael Beasley AND Kendall Marshall AND their first rounder for 2013

Why does Phoenix do it? Beasley is mercurial and an enigma from a personality perspective that wears on people and his overall game has declined in productivity this year. Put those together and you have a moveable piece. He has had some good scoring games of late but is far from consistent...and most importantly is a burden on a cash-conscious PHX front office. In Redick/Afflalo PHX satisfies its biggest need in the form of a starting caliber SG to send Dudley to the bench role he thrives in, giving depth. Kendall Marshall isn't going to get much burn with Dragic ahead of him and in the long term plans. Marshall is on the hook for a rookie scale salary but may not get the chance to prove his is starter-worthy in PHX.

Why does Orlando do it? Beasley has undeniable talent but has serious question remarks about his character. If Hennigan and co. can corral his behavior Orlando is the perfect place for Beasley to work on his perception while filling a need for the SF spot while providing depth on shallow team. Kendall Marshall is a very well rated pg prospect on a favorable contract for moving down the road should the need arise. With PHX's first round pick, Orlando can get the best available player at #3 or 4 (Noel, McLemore, Shab) then use the other lottery pick on Smart or ____ to provide a young, dynamic backcourt competition where we could potentially be looking at a competition between Smart and Marshall-two talented players with different skill sets. Youth, potential, and flexibility become the focal point during the 2013/14 season.

What do you think?

How about this trade:

Phoenix trades: Michael Beasley AND Kendall Marshall AND their first rounder for 2013

Why does Phoenix do it? Beasley is mercurial and an enigma from a personality perspective that wears on people and his overall game has declined in productivity this year. Put those together and you have a moveable piece. He has had some good scoring games of late but is far from consistent...and most importantly is a burden on a cash-conscious PHX front office. In Redick/Afflalo PHX satisfies its biggest need in the form of a starting caliber SG to send Dudley to the bench role he thrives in, giving depth. Kendall Marshall isn't going to get much burn with Dragic ahead of him and in the long term plans. Marshall is on the hook for a rookie scale salary but may not get the chance to prove his is starter-worthy in PHX.

Why does Orlando do it? Beasley has undeniable talent but has serious question remarks about his character. If Hennigan and co. can corral his behavior Orlando is the perfect place for Beasley to work on his perception while filling a need for the SF spot while providing depth on shallow team. Kendall Marshall is a very well rated pg prospect on a favorable contract for moving down the road should the need arise. With PHX's first round pick, Orlando can get the best available player at #3 or 4 (Noel, McLemore, Shab) then use the other lottery pick on Smart or ____ to provide a young, dynamic backcourt competition where we could potentially be looking at a competition between Smart and Marshall-two talented players with different skill sets. Youth, potential, and flexibility become the focal point during the 2013/14 season.

What do you think?

Nope.

I wouldn't give up anything for Beasley, Infact I'd want an unprotected 2014 pick for taking him off their hands without anything even going the other way.

How about this trade:

What do you think?

Beasley is an undeniable piece of crap, he's a turd, I wouldn't take him if he was the last forward on earth and the league said I have to have 2 forwards on the floor. I would much rather just play a man down.

• Upvote 1

Beasley is an undeniable piece of crap, he's a turd, I wouldn't take him if he was the last forward on earth and the league said I have to have 2 forwards on the floor. I would much rather just play a man down.

What if there were 2 forwards left in the word, and the other one was Fran?

• Upvote 2