Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

Which FA do think will want to sign with a Magic? Rob is not a great GM. He is inexperienced kid. He gives away a good player for nothing in return, but keeps injury prone Nelson, and Turk. A great gm would have landed a quality player to build a team around.

We don't want a FA. Get out of here with the rest of that noise.

• Upvote 3

I HATE WHEN WE GET A 2011 DRAFT PICK THAT HAS MORE POTENTIAL THAN A GUY WE PROBABLY COULD HAVE GOTTEN IN THE LATE 20S IN 2013 YOU KNOW THE DRAFT ALL YOU SWINES WHO KEEP PISSING AND MOANING ABOUT NOT GETTING A PICK KEEP SAYING IS A WEAK DRAFT OH NO DON'T REMEMBER LOL OH WELL WHO NEEDS LOGIC AND REASON WHEN WE'RE A MAGIC FORUM GOOOOOOO TEAM!!!! FIRE OTIS!

• Upvote 7

Okay... So I missed out on all the action... which was a bummer. Had to pay the bills and deal with clients... good and bad. However the news did reach me eventually:

The Bucks send guards Doron Lamb and Beno Udrih and forward Tobias Harris to the Magic in exchange for guards J.J. Redick and Ish Smith and forward Gustavo Ayon.

I poured a little coffee for my fallen homie JJ..... The last of the beat making twins who teased us with their possible CD.... Is now beating on too... F-ing Wisconsin! Holy Magic Stuff Bro, Bring A Parka. I am going to miss him but it was a good trade because we weren't keeping him after this year. We bring in a PG who is pretty decent a young SG who has a good touch... a SF who can stretch the floor... Rock Bottom here we come.

This also means that Arron is here to stay...... hold on...... oh dear... stop the trade! stop the trade!.... *On my knees screaming out* " JJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Some where between.. crush a bit, little bit,..., ..., and Shots, shots, shot, shot, shot, shots ... I see

The Bobcats send Hakim Warrick to Orlando for Josh McRoberts.

At first I thought it was the smoke and liqueur messing up my eyes... I mean knew things were spinning but for someone to want Josh McRobberts... well that cant be right? After the 23rd time reading it... well I'll be...... the BobCats are trying to foil our plan of getting the number 1 pick this year.... Mother- F....

Stop the trade!, Stop the trade!, Stop the trade!

Why Basketball Gods.... Why!!!!!! - Then I fell and hit my head and realized that stuff happens and we must move on for the worst or better...

Good Luck all former Magic players, except Dwight

JJ I will go ahead and reserve your spot for the Magic Killer List..... Sigh.... its going to s u c k.

• Upvote 1

I would rather have had a chance to sign Redick long term in Orlando or an outside chance of a sleeper pick with a late 1st early 2nd, than to get Tobias Harris and Doron Lamb.

Am I the only one that's just not feeling this?

yes, you are the only one

Magic GM Rob Hennigan realizes JJ fans upset, hopes they "believe in what we're doing."

Hennigan said having two SGs (JJ and AAfflalo) making considerable money "was part of puzzle.....was a definite factor" in Redick's trade

Which FA do think will want to sign with a Magic? Rob is not a great GM. He is inexperienced kid. He gives away a good player for nothing in return, but keeps injury prone Nelson, and Turk.

Don't discount him because of his age, that would be foolish.

He didn't give JJ away, he got a couple of young prospects in return, plus a short term back up PG (which we need right now). This is more than he could have hoped to get in the summer, and a better overall package in comparison to the rumored late 1st round pick that was offered from a couple of teams.

Nelson is likely here to stay, and no one is going to touch Turk with a ten foot pole at this point.

A great gm would have landed a quality player to build a team around.

Can you please explain to me how anyone could have hoped to trade JJ, as good as he is, for a "quality player to build a team around"? JJ is not good enough to build a team around, but that's what we should have received in return?

And I think rebuilding is a totally ridiculous term to use with the NBA. You win with one or many superstars which you either aquire via draft or FA. You just don't develop them.

We've done a good job clearing some cap out (and still have work to do there), and although I loved JJ, we couldn't re-sign him (I actually think $$ wise he's better then Aaron, but you can't un-ring that bell). That's the important part.

Henny's legacy will be in what FA's and top pick decisions he makes in the next 3-4 years. Which, really, is a lot of luck. Hopefully we get lucky, but we could just as easily be in the basement for a decade. It's a have/have not league. Nobody rebuilds.