Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

mozgov isn't a bad idea considering you could sign and trade him in the offseason for something.

But wasnt Moz complaing about not getting playing time this year?... Im not sure I would want that on the bench for the next 30 games.

From the same guy who thinks the Moz trade should happen... get this:

. Steve Nash to the Indiana Pacers

Indiana Pacers receive: Steve Nash, Metta World Peace, Jordan Hill and Steve Blake. Los Angeles Lakers receive: Danny Granger, George Hill, Lance Stephenson and Ben Hansbrough. The deal in Trade Machine.

Really??????? So basically, this guy wants to shaft another team into getting crap just to reload the all mighty Lakers.....Fail

Trade for Wroten and draft Smart... Lol opposing PGs better pack a lunch. That is a huge backcourt.

Yep. Or if we don't get Smart and snag Bazz or McLemore, Wroten is a talented, albeit project, possible future PG.

Or maybe the Agent is trying to get JJ moved before the summer by scaring the Magic with that target number of what they would be looking for.

True. Either way it seems like more than a coincidence that we're hearing these number 24-48 hrs before the deadline.

At this point, I don't want to cough up JJ for anything that's available out there, but we're in full rebuilding mode. At this point, all I ask for is that we not get the HWNSNBU-end of the stick in the deal.

At this point, I don't want to cough up JJ for anything that's available out there, but we're in full rebuilding mode. At this point, all I ask for is that we not get the HWNSNBU-end of the stick in the deal.

I think we'd rather keep him than give him up for less than what we think he's worth. Most reports say we have high demands for JJ.

I think we'd rather keep him than give him up for less than what we think he's worth. Most reports say we have high demands for JJ.

I am glad our demands are high....no reason to give him away cheap or even at face value.

I am glad our demands are high....no reason to give him away cheap or even at face value.

Agreed.... This guy can play on the court, is a leader off the court and gets involved with the community which brings in more fans....

Agreed.... This guy can play on the court, is a leader off the court and gets involved with the community which brings in more fans....

They spoke about this on the radio yesterday. They asked why trade a guy like JJ when rebuilding? In the end every championship team needs a guy like him. So its a now or later thing anyways.

• Upvote 1

They spoke about this on the radio yesterday. They asked why trade a guy like JJ when rebuilding? In the end every championship team needs a guy like him. So its a now or later thing anyways.

If we knew for sure we were going to end up with say Smart and Wiggins in the next two drafts I'd agree. However if we're not quite so lucky we may have to do work in FA and thats when having $7-8M/per tied up in JJ might become an issue. Wish we could just trade Afflalo, his defense is way overrated (at least it was) and on offense he's never seen a pass he didn't just go ahead and shoot instead.

The issue with some teams is that JJ is going to be a free agent. He seems like a guy that would have more draw in a S/T or a deal next year if he's wrapped up. Teams don't have to gamble and let's be honest, the teams at the top right now don't really need Redick. So you're getting middle teams who are also trying to get to the top who will be careful with what they offer.

JJ to Memphis does intrigue me as Memphis has a 7.5 mil trade exception from the Rudy Gay deal and so could, theoretically, take on a bad contract to get JJ.