Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

Honestly, if we make a trade and come out of it with anything less than a player I'm excited about, I'll be incredibly disapointed. We have too many "eh, ok" players on the team. Even if it's a prospect; just someone with any kind of real potential.

Honestly, if we make a trade and come out of it with anything less than a player I'm excited about, I'll be incredibly disapointed. We have too many "eh, ok" players on the team. Even if it's a prospect; just someone with any kind of real potential.

What are your thoughts on d. williams from the wolves.

The real problem is until this team is bad enough to get some top draft picks its incredibly unlikely we'll be able to get a player who truly excites the fan base either in the draft or through trades. We're not likely to make blockbuster deals with any of our vets but their absence from the team will help with getting better draft picks and the odd picks and prospects we acquire from trades builds assets for the future which could then lead to a blockbuster trade down the line when we actually have some players to build around.

How about JJ/Davis/Harrington to LA for Gasol/Jamison.

The Gasol situation is going to get ugly, especially if they keep losing. JJ would be a big upgrade over Meeks as Kobe's backup, and Davis obviously gives them an upgrade over Jamison and a quality starter if they decide to send Clark back to the bench. This also doesn't cripple their cap long term.

If this move were made combined with picking up Ayon's option next year, and keeping O'Quinn, Moore, and Jones, our cap for next season would be right around 57m. 51m if we got rid of Turk.

The team would look like this:

Nelson/Moore

Afflalo/Jones

Harkless/Turk

Gasol/Nicholson/Ayon

Vucevic/Ayon/O'Quinn

I think this roster would earn us another lotto pick for 2014. FA and the draft for this season aren't too strong, so why not tank one more season?

Gasol is a huge expiring for next season, right around 19.3m. We could attempt to ship him off before the deadline to help us tank even further, perfect.

Following next season we'd only have 26m tied up, and that's if we extend offers and pick up options for Moore/O'Quinn/Nicholson/Vucevic/Harkless. We could cut 6m more from that if we part with Jameer.

Sure lets help out the Lakers more.....

I don't know about you guys, but when I think future championship, I think of Chandler Parsons.

What world do I live in?

Maybe we can trade Old Hedo for newer Hedo?

I think of future championship*

*championship of most handsome basketball players on a team

I don't know about you guys, but when I think future championship, I think of Chandler Parsons.

What world do I live in?

Chandler Parsons is faster than Hedo ever was, if we managed to get Parsons I'd write Hennigan love letters for an entire month

What world do I live in?

I played against him in high school. It blows my mind that he's the one that made it. I would've never guessed at the time. It's fun watching him play though.

What world do I live in?

Unless Otis replaces their GM, i doubt we'll ever acquire him through trade. He is a solid, athletic, all-around player.

Chandler Parsons is faster than Hedo ever was, if we managed to get Parsons I'd write Hennigan love letters for an entire month

The only way Pason's ever ends up in a Magic uniform is if Hennigan has compromising pictures of the Rockets GM.

I wonder if we had a chance to make this same deal using our TPE. I'm impressed with the number of assets Cleveland has managed to accumulate since LeBron left.

The Cleveland Cavaliers have acquired forward/center Marreese Speights, guard Wayne Ellington, guard Josh Selby and a future first round draft pick from the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for forward Jon Leuer, Cavaliers General Manager Chris Grant announced today from Cleveland Clinic Courts. The Cavaliers also waived guard Jeremy Pargo. “Marreese will strengthen our front court, while Wayne and Josh will add depth to our back court. At the same time, we are adding a valuable asset with another future first round pick, while also maintaining our future flexibility,” said Cavaliers General Manager Chris Grant. “We wish Jon and Jeremy the best as they move on with their careers and thank them for their time with us here in Cleveland.” NBA.com