barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

I am a little puzzled at the complete lack of defense on the Lakers. DwightMare has been DPOY, Kobe has been on several all-defensive teams, and the others have a lot of defense experience too. So, does all of that get wiped clean in the off season? They forget everything they ever knew about defense? In the games I have watched it looks like they are thinking "maybe I was supposed to do something" as they watch someone dunk or hit a three. And when they show D'Antonie he always has a very blank look, like "I think they were supposed to do something". Don't get me wrong, I love seeing this, it just puzzles me a bit.

Kobe has always made All Defense on his name solely. That isn't to say he wasn't once a great defender, but he's always been overrated on that side of the floor.

Kobe has always made All Defense on his name solely. That isn't to say he wasn't once a great defender, but he's always been overrated on that side of the floor.

His defense was pretty good in that rape case.

• Upvote 5

Ish is one of the worst players ever to wear a Magic uni

He would pretty much have to be to be stuck behind another one of the worst players to ever wear a Magic uniform last season. It's hilarious that one of the biggest issues that Stan's critics had was Ish freaking Smith.

He would pretty much have to be to be stuck behind another one of the worst players to ever wear a Magic uniform last season. It's hilarious that one of the biggest issues that Stan's critics had was Ish freaking Smith.

Some people would have rather had Ish on the floor instead of Duhon. R U saying Duhon is better? Both have their issues and both would not start in the d league.

Chris Duhon is a better player than he gets credit for here, justifiably so. My problem with him is that he never seemed committed to being a good player. He seemed distracted by whatever it was he did in his spare time. I just didn't see that level of professionalism with him. He's a subpar ballhandler by NBA standards, but he had a reasonably well rounded game that showed through w/NY and CHI before he made is way to Orlando.

Chris Duhon is a better player than he gets credit for here, justifiably so. My problem with him is that he never seemed committed to being a good player. He seemed distracted by whatever it was he did in his spare time. I just didn't see that level of professionalism with him. He's a subpar ballhandler by NBA standards, but he had a reasonably well rounded game that showed through w/NY and CHI before he made is way to Orlando.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfjtpp90lu8

So there are rumors out there saying Rondo tore his ACL

This dramatically changes the trade talks for Redick, now a 1st rounder looks pretty good, however they may not want him anymore.

I'm curious as to what Boston's plan will be. This may be the last year a Pierce/Garnett core can be competitive. So, do they make moves (like for JJ) in attempt to make up for the ground they lost by losing Rondo or start preparing for the future?