barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

anyone catch this?

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

RT @magicfan2301: how much does al Harrington hate coming to Orlando? ---> Was not his first choice. He'll be traded and knows it.

sadly it's Kyler but...God only hopes we can include Ish as a throw-in because that guy is downright awful

:svgsad:

anyone catch this?

sadly it's Kyler but...God only hopes we can include Ish as a throw-in because that guy is downright awful

Trade him for pick and we'll just slide Ish in the deal somewhere.

Interestng to see our moves this season. We have two expiring contracts-Redick and McRoberts, draft picks obtained from Howard's trade, assests Big Baby, Harrington (some veteran teams would be interested), trade exceptions. I prefer to get cap flexibility, more draft picks, prospects. Also I'd like to see us playing rookies more...

Yeah Nicholson playing 3 minutes, when we can't score is a joke. Every game I see him he gets better, instead god awful Ayon has to play....henny probably wants all our expiring guys get showcased, and BBD so he can move them out, my guesses on the following....

Whoever trades for JJ, has to take BBD or Al Harrington

McRoberts/Ayon expirings, trade exceptions will be used to acquire picks.

JJ will have huge value at the deadline

The reason Nicholson didn't play much against the Nets is because he can't rebound or defend. Considering that the front court of the Nets is Humphries (had 21 rebounds) and Lopez (good offensive player who had 20 points) I consider that to be pretty good justification of why Nicholson didn't see more minutes. Whilst I agree that Ayon is terrible, he did at least grab a couple of boards and, as you alluded to, as an expiring contract if he shows even adequate play there is a chance that a team in desperate (and I mean real desperate) need of a cheap big man may have a sniff around. The improvement Nicholson could achieve in 8 more minutes (the amount Ayon played) against a tough Nets team is minimal anyway considering he'll have plenty of opportunities throughout the season.

Also, BBD at the moment is better than Nicholson... Despite being horrendously inefficient he still had a double double, 2 blocked shots and 3 steals.

I might be alone but I think this organization knows what it's doing both on and off the court.

Ayon will be fine when his hand heals. Honestly, the pre-season and the way he played for New Orleans last year >>> 4 game sample size with busted thumb. Vaughn should've held him out longer but it is what it is.

Jameer coming back will help. We need some offense since apparently we've decided Redick is just a spot shooter again.

In other news, Josh McRoberts needs to be benched, forever. He is absolutely useless. We haven't even been competitive in the games he's started.

Ayon will be fine when his hand heals. Honestly, the pre-season and the way he played for New Orleans last year >>> 4 game sample size with busted thumb. Vaughn should've held him out longer but it is what it is.

Jameer coming back will help. We need some offense since apparently we've decided Redick is just a spot shooter again.

In other news, Josh McRoberts needs to be benched, forever. He is absolutely useless. We haven't even been competitive in the games he's started.

Josh is a great backup powerforward, but asking him to play small forward is the epitome of stupidity. Let Harkless or Jones be the starting SF and get those men more PT.

I don't know how Ish Smith made this team. He can't shoot at all. We look terrible.

Not only that, but he can't run our offense. Vaughn puts him in for like 3 minutes then pulls him. It's like he's giving Ish all the opportunities to shine, but he hasn't shown any promise.

anyone catch this?

Harrington was destined to be traded the moment he came here. The only question is how long does he last.