AddiFB

The Tumbleweed Hangout: Post-Dwight Era discussion

About as well as that "fluke" season Humphries had two seasons ago, only to have an overall better season last year. Gotta love it, you live and die with stats when they show what you want them to, and then call it a fluke when they don't. So, what's your new updated excuse as to why Humphries followed up a "fluke" season with an even better one?

Ok, lets ignore for a second the fact that my opinion on Kris Humphries has no relationship at all to how ridiculous your "I'll bet any amount of money that Brandon Bass will average 8 rebounds a game with starters minutes. No you're wrong, I never said I'd bet anything because I wouldn't do that and you're a liar. Oh, you have the quote where I specifically said I'd bet you? Well, you didn't know what I meant." nonsense was, lets actually talk about Kris Humphries, because I have 5 minutes to kill.

He scored slightly more points on a lot more shot attempts and scoring efficiency that was downright mediocre for someone who plays 12 feet and in on offense. All his other stats went down per minute, but increased overall because he played an extra 7 minutes a game over the previous year, and an extra 17 over his career average. On the plus side, he did increase his FTdraw, which is something he's needed to do for a while now.

Also, not that you have the intellectual honesty to acknowledge this, but what I said was a fluke was his rebounding percentage, which dropped 4 points over the two years you're describing, going from the ridiculously high 22.1% in 2011 to right around his career average in 2012(he put up 18.3% to a 18.1% average).

So yeah, I called his rebounding in 2011 a fluke, and was proved by the statistics you're trying to throw in my face to be completely *****ing right.

Man, I AM awesome.

Also, I couldn't care less who wrote the article, my point remains. Stats can be twisted to support anything.

Of course they can. For instance, you just tried to use them to argue that 2011 wasn't a fluke year for Kris Humphries, despite the fact that stats clearly indicate the exact opposite is true.

Of course, quantitative analysis is also a bedrock for every form of research on the planet, but I'm guessing you're ignoring that because numbers are hard.

I also do not dislike "a group of people", I dislike you.

I'm glad you care so much.

• Upvote 2

I was listening to ESPN radio at around 6:00 tonight and they interviewed Stan Van Gundy. It was an eye opening and surprising interview. I just got home and have been looking for a link to a podcast to post it here but can't find it.

The highlights were:

- SVG says he does not blame Dwight AT ALL for how things unraveled and SVG blames management 100% for the events that led to Dwight wanting out of Orlando. SVG said he could do a 4 hour show on all the things that went on behind the scenes that show how badly "management" mishandled Dwight

-SVG said Dwight is "one of the smartest basketball players" he has ever been around. He said Dwight studied his opponents and the coaches had to tell Dwight to be quiet at meetings sometimes because they wanted other players to give input in preparation for opponents

-He said he and Dwight had a lot of success together and although Dwight may not have liked SVG at times, he always showed up to work every day and worked hard

-SVG came to realize over time that being silly was part of Dwight's personality and he tried to help Dwight understand the time and place for being serious vs being goofy

-He said he thinks Dwight will fit in very well with the Lakers, especially because he is a great pick and roll defender and slides quickly to the right spots in the pick and roll offense

I wish the interview had gone longer and more in depth about what happened behind the scenes, but that is basically tyhe entire interview in a nutshell. I can't believe ESPN hasn't posted it anywhere online yet (unless I just haven't been able to find it). But, I was kind of shocked at how much SVG really stood up for Dwight. I guess I can understand SVG may be bitter with Magic management about how he was fired so maybe that's a big part of it.

Dwight's gone, Stan's gone. McBob is here. Winning comes later. Now we don't have to worry about anything. Just sit back and enjoy the show. Laugh when we win. That other team must have sucked that night or just every night. Laugh when we lose. The Magic are so bad that we're gonna get the first pick every year. Laugh when we get the first pick. It's all fun and games people. Fun and games.

I guess I can understand SVG may be bitter with Magic management about how he was fired so maybe that's a big part of it.

Doubtful. SVG basically got himself fired with his press inverview where he announced that Dwight wanted him fired. He knew the writing was on the wall prior to.

Indeed, I just found it hilarious that people were posting articles from Stephen A. Smith and Hollinger to prove their points on hating the trade.

I respect Hollinger but Smith is a joke. I also found it funny that people posted an article from Simmons. Let's see, I wonder if a Celtics fan/notorious Lakers hater will like ANY trade that sends the best center in the league to the Lakers? I wonder......

monty.jpg

Highly likely this happens

2012 Hornets trade chris paul and new ownership 1st pick

2011 Cavs lose Bron to South Beach 1st pick

2010 Arenas screws over the Wiz with gun charges 1st pick

This trade was so bad that I believe Stern promised Magic the 1st pick if they sent D12 to the Lakers

I've never seen anyone better at stringing sentences together that don't actually mean anything better than Stephen A. Smith.

Q: What does Chris Bosh bring to this series?

SAS: Chris Bosh is 6'10...long...lengthy. All Star caliber. Dude can ball. I expect him to come to play.

Q: But how will the Heat coaching staff utilize him?

SAS: Like I said he's tall and long and is a baller. He knows what is expected of him and is sure to bring it this time around.

If I didn't already know you were the one posting this, I'd have thought those were actual quotes from Stephen A. Smith.