AddiFB

The Tumbleweed Hangout: Post-Dwight Era discussion

Woke up a little more optimistic today.

After the 2013-2014 season, we would have about 22 mil in contracts and that includes Harrington who we presume may be traded.

By then we would have sucked for 2 years = 2 high draft picks and plenty of cash to sign 2 maybe 3 great players.

By then we would know if Harkless and Nicholson are worth anything.

Time will tell. We have way too many players on our current roster, so Rob isn't done dealing.

I can't help but feel excited. I just can't help it. I feel like a heavy burden has been lifted off this team, a breeze of fresh air. I'm just going to enjoy basketball again. The past two years haven't exactly been the most fun I've had as a Magic fan. We'll get back into the mix in a few years.

Rob and his FO team wanted to rebuild and they are doing it the right way instead of taking back middle-class "all-stars" that would keep us in the horrible middle. Too good for a draft pick, too bad for a playoff run.

Wooh! :happypuppy:

• Upvote 1

I can't help but feel excited. I just can't help it. I feel like a heavy burden has been lifted off this team, a breeze of fresh air. I'm just going to enjoy basketball again. The past two years haven't exactly been the most fun I've had as a Magic fan. We'll get back into the mix in a few years.

Rob and his FO team wanted to rebuild and they are doing it the right way instead of taking back middle-class "all-stars" that would keep us in the horrible middle. Too good for a draft pick, too bad for a playoff run.

Wooh! :happypuppy:

Better yet, I think Rob accomplished something that will soon present itself as a stumbling block for Dwight.

Dwight hates Shaq, hates the name, hates the comparison, hates being labeled as super man imposter by him.

Guess where Dwight is? Guess who Dwight is going to get compared to now more then ever?

The shadow of Shaq is going to eat Dwight alive......lol

Better yet, I think Rob accomplished something that will soon present itself as a stumbling block for Dwight.

Dwight hates Shaq, hates the name, hates the comparison, hates being labeled as super man imposter by him.

Guess where Dwight is? Guess who Dwight is going to get compared to now more then ever?

I cant wait until Kobe gets in Howards face when he is not falling in line and is up to his usual buffoonery.

Kobe is all business,he's not into playing games and horsing around,which Howard and Duhon will bring.Especially in Hollywood.

I can't wait to hear the criticism just flying out of the TNT booth....Shaq, Kenny and of course Charles and his TURRABUL analysis!!!!

If we are tanking, might as well take a shot at Flynn.

Yea after looking at the FA PG list his name jumps out as a young guy I could see Henny taking a shot on.

Do you think the Wizards would take Al Harrington for a draft pick? There trying to get some veterans on there team

edit: name changed from Liggins to NewSchool

This is brilliant. Seriously. I would buy tickets just to participate in this. I pray some marketing people pick this up and really make an effort to have this happen. Spread the word via social media and have instructions in every seat.

Or.....better yet......turn our backs to him when announced.....as he did us.

http://ht.ly/cU7va - Thought it was interesting that the Lakers' pick is only top-5 protected. Who knows how good they'll be in 2016-2017 when Kobe's gone and Dwight is over 30.

"Here are the protection terms:

• 2017 draft: The Magic will receive the pick if it falls from sixth overall to 30th overall. If the pick falls from first overall to fifth overall, L.A. will keep the pick and Orlando instead will receive a protected first-round pick in 2018.

• 2018 draft: The Magic will receive the pick if it falls from sixth overall to 30th overall. If the pick falls from first overall to fifth overall, L.A. will keep the pick and Orlando instead will receive a first-round pick in 2019.

• 2019 draft: Unprotected. The Magic will receive the pick no matter what it falls."

Not to mention, the 2nd-rd pick from Den is actually from GS, who should be worse (I know, it's a 2nd-rd pick, but still).